Menu

Confession: I have NOT posted on the thread, "There is a member here"...

I just don't have the time to read all of the pages. While Hollywood can be a little interesting :confused: I agree with one of the posters that if this "famous" person exists on this board that this person is a regular Mom just like one of us.

So, 'fess up....anyone else out there who didn't respond? Or, am I the only one. :lol:

I posted, but not about who it might or might not be. Rather because someone had just beaten her personal pet issue drum quite loudly again, and I'm kind of sick of it. :chillpill: already. :001_rolleyes:

I was tempted to post about poutine, but I decided to go eat some instead. It was much more satisfying.

ETA: I just caved and posted about poutine anyway.

Edited by Audrey

I grew up in Hollywood. I don't understand celebrity stalking. Famous people are just people. I'm sure that whomever it is is not loving that thread and having her cover blown. it must be a nice escape to come online and get ot be just another, normal mom for a while, without anyone digging for personal details.

Guest Dulcimeramy
I grew up in Hollywood. I don't understand celebrity stalking. Famous people are just people. I'm sure that whomever it is is not loving that thread and having her cover blown. it must be a nice escape to come online and get ot be just another, normal mom for a while, without anyone digging for personal details.

Her cover was not blown! :glare: Not one person outed anyone in any way at all. Just a bunch of silly speculation about who might be a poutine-eating famous homeschool mom in Toronto and a member of the WTM boards.

And, since not one person knows who it is other than the OP (who didn't even witness the scene firsthand) it is totally impossible that anyone went digging for personal details.

But her cover isn't blown. The OP might know who the famous person is, but no one knows her posting name. If no one had picked up on her celebrity status before, then certainly no one is going to figure it out now, unless she chooses to reveal herself.

If I were her, I wouldn't reveal it. Look at all the butt-kissing that people did to Ree -- and she isn't even a celebrity -- just a blogger. How in the world can you know who is being genuine with you and who isn't when so many are bending over to smarm you? If I were her, I would much rather keep anonymous and post my own thoughts and not have to wonder if people's response to me is because of me or because of my celebrity.

I'm in it for the kilts. :D Plus I think it's part of the new thread evolution, after 50 posts or more the thread can NOT remain on topic. It also might have something to do with the kilts and Johnny Depp discussion. What was the original topic again?

:confused: There;s no stalking going on. A lot of people, me included, posted that we think celebrities having anonymity here is a very good thing for them and us.

Most of the talk is about poutine with a few folks trying to distract from that with some chili references and much chatter about kilts.

It was a pretty young thread when I stumbled upon it, but it had already digressed into talk about a gross dish that I would not ever touch with a ten foot pole. Not that the purely unhealthy aspect of it didn't intrigue me. It just looked unappealing.

Now that was just uncalled for. You just slandered the unofficial national dish of my country.

;)

I read most of it, learned a new word (poutine) and had nothing to add so I skipped responding. Shockingly, having nothing to add usually doesn't stop me from spouting off anyway, but it did this time. I did enjoy the kilt pics.:D

kilts!! Now I have to go and open that thread.....:lol::lol:

Faithe...who has not commented on that thread....

I didn't post, but did read it yesterday.

I do have to say, Dolphin, THANK-YOU so much for that pic! It's one of my favs making its rounds on the boards. It always does a little something for me!;)

Oh, I lied! So sorry, I did post early on to ask a ? about poutine!

Edited by missmoe

I only read a page or two before I moved on without posting.

Poutine confuses me, and I can't say I'm all that impressed with fame. sorry.gif

If I were her, I wouldn't reveal it. Look at all the butt-kissing that people did to Ree -- and she isn't even a celebrity -- just a blogger. How in the world can you know who is being genuine with you and who isn't when so many are bending over to smarm you?

:iagree:

I read most of it, learned a new word (poutine) and had nothing to add so I skipped responding. Shockingly, having nothing to add usually doesn't stop me from spouting off anyway, but it did this time. I did enjoy the kilt pics.:D

:D This was exactly why I went and looked in that thread past the OP. I had no intention of discovering who was "the person" but went, instead, to just find the kilts! LOL

Now that was just uncalled for. You just slandered the unofficial national dish of my country.

;)

My apologies. Okay, truth be told, I really am the kind of person thats tries something before I decide. So I probably would at least taste it.

Maybe it was all the references to how it was possibly pronounced that turned me off. :D After that I bailed on the thread and was gone for the day. Then it was too long.

My apologies. Okay, truth be told, I really am the kind of person thats tries something before I decide. So I probably would at least taste it.

Maybe it was all the references to how it was possibly pronounced that turned me off. :D After that I bailed on the thread and was gone for the day. Then it was too long.

Well, I do sort of understand. It's sort of liquid fat poured over solid fat over potatoes fried in fat...:D

I'm in it for the carbs.

:lol::lol:

I'm in it for the kilts. :D Plus I think it's part of the new thread evolution, after 50 posts or more the thread can NOT remain on topic. It also might have something to do with the kilts and Johnny Depp discussion. What was the original topic again?

I posted because it digressed rapidly and the comment including Johnny Depp being chased by women in denim jumpers had me spitting coffee at the computer.:D

I grew up in Hollywood. I don't understand celebrity stalking. Famous people are just people. .

:iagree: My brother did TV weather for a while in a small town and it was a nightmare walking around with him in public (ewww). I have no interest in celebrity. I enjoy good movies, etc. Don't care about their personal lives at all. One mom is as good as the next to me!

So no, didn't post on the other thread! I think I read the first page, gagged when I learned about poutine :D, and moved on.

I liked that people had fun guessing (and talking about a million other things), but clearly weren't desperate to break the celeb's cover. It clearly was just in fun, and as Audrey pointed out, the person's cover wasn't blown at all. I thought it all looked a bit like if classical homeschool moms wrote an issue of People magazine.

Of course, if you're not the sort for People magazine, then you wouldn't enjoy it. :D

Well, I do sort of understand. It's sort of liquid fat poured over solid fat over potatoes fried in fat...:D

Gosh, you make it sound so appetizing.:001_tt2:

I'll be putting that at the top of my to do list if I ever visit Canada. :001_smile:

I agree with one of the posters that if this "famous" person exists on this board that this person is a regular Mom just like one of us.

I agree! She probably appreciates the (relative) anonymity she has here, and if she were "outed" she might not feel free to come here for support or info.

I posted, but not about who it might or might not be. Rather because someone had just beaten her personal pet issue drum quite loudly again, and I'm kind of sick of it. :chillpill: already. :001_rolleyes:

I was tempted to post about poutine, but I decided to go eat some instead. It was much more satisfying.

ETA: I just caved and posted about poutine anyway.

:crying:

:sad:

:crying:

You have hurt my feelings.