Menu

What are some audiobooks we could get along the line of Stuart Little,

HappyGrace

Charlotte's Web, Trumpet of the Swan, Cricket in Times Square....that have lovely language BUT also an easy to follow story line?

Ds8 seems to get confused when there starts to be too many characters or involved plot line---he was lost in Golden Goblet after two pages! Also too much narrative blah, blah, blah (describing scenes and so on) and he tunes out.

This will be used during "school time" while I work with dd, so I want it to be audiobooks that are increasing his vocab, etc., too. But not stretching him beyond his limit.

The books above were perfect and I can't think of more along those lines. Thank you!

Charlotte's Web, Trumpet of the Swan, Cricket in Times Square....that have lovely language BUT also an easy to follow story line?

Ds8 seems to get confused when there starts to be too many characters or involved plot line---he was lost in Golden Goblet after two pages! Also too much narrative blah, blah, blah (describing scenes and so on) and he tunes out.

This will be used during "school time" while I work with dd, so I want it to be audiobooks that are increasing his vocab, etc., too. But not stretching him beyond his limit.

The books above were perfect and I can't think of more along those lines. Thank you!

Tantoo Cardinal's reading of Island of the Blue Dolphin

This is very well done. I've never heard anyone else mention it here, but I bring it up over and over because it is so well done. Most of the book is her and her dog. Not that many characters.

Look at the Naxos recordings on Amazon. My son particularly likes the Arabian Nights, Tale of Troy, Adventures of Odysseus. Benedict Flynn, the reteller, and B. Soames, the reader of many of these, are both superb.

http://www.amazon.com/Adventures-Odysseus-Classic-Literature-Classical/dp/9626341149/ref=pd_sim_b_2

If you want some music history, the Vox Music masters are well read, with musical clips as well.