Menu

I think they are trying to make Hailey on AI lose....

She was incredible on her own song pick. Incredible!! The song that Jimmy picked for her was understandable - she certainly has Stevie Nicks' vibe. BUT, although she rocked Alannis' chorus, that song is even hard to understand when Alannis sings it! I do like the chorus, but come on...

I Agree. The judges have favored Loren over Hayley all the way thru. I think Loren is fantastic, but young and unsure of herself. I see Hayley as way more polished, confidant and ready to go. However, Any of them can and should win. It will be interesting to see who goes home tomorrow night.

It's okay if they are trying to make her lose...I don't want her to win anyways. :tongue_smilie:

LOVE both Scotty and Lauren. But I wanted to choose just one to vote for, so I chose Scotty. Hopefully, all the country fans will not split their votes between Lauren and Scotty because that will help Hailey win. I hope they choose one person to give their votes to.

I agree. They continue to be negative about her--even after they rave about her (just like tonight).

Whatever. If Haley goes sooner, she won't be number one, and she has a better chance at being successful. Having Idol produce you doesn't seem to be such an advantage . . . Lee DeWyze, Kris Allen, Taylor Hicks . . .

Lauren's voice is great. She's 16 and needs a lot of work on her stage presence. Scotty's voice is wonderful; I have to close my eyes to listen to him though, and I was disappointed in his Kenny Rogers' song tonight.

Haley's Zeppelin tonight was one of the best AI performances ever!

OK, I was waiting for my dc to go to bed so I could listen to the full version of "You Oughta Know." ;) Haley was singing, "It's not fair to REMIND me of the cross I bear since you went away" right? But it sounds like Alanis is singing, "It's not fair to DENY me of the cross I bear since you went away." Which is it?

OK, I was waiting for my dc to go to bed so I could listen to the full version of "You Oughta Know." ;) Haley was singing, "It's not fair to REMIND me of the cross I bear since you went away" right? But it sounds like Alanis is singing, "It's not fair to DENY me of the cross I bear since you went away." Which is it?

These are the lyrics I found on the web

And I'm here to remind you

Of the mess you left when you went away

It's not fair to deny me

Of the cross I bear that you gave to me

You, you, you oughta know

I thought the Alanis song was a good song for Haley to sing, a poor choice to sing for AI. It's not a song to showcase vocal talents.

AI has done OK with Carrie Underwood and Kelly Clarkson. I think there's been enough experience to show that getting to the top 5 gives you a break, but you still have to capitalize on it.

Scotty is tooooooo country for me. I grew up listening to country, and still like my Waylon and Willie. But Scotty's country twang grates on me.

Lauren is gaining in confidence. That's the big thing she's lacking. Which means I hope the music industry doesn't tear her apart.