Menu

If you can handle another dog thread from me, please help

Which one???  

1. 1. Which one???

• Funny little black dog (lab mix)
    • Sweet little beagle mix
    • Older beautiful golden
    • Forget it

I must be moving too fast and missed that Laura went back to the humane society. I thought she'd hooked up with a local rescue. Eesh.

I did. The administrator told me to come in and deal directly with him. The thing is that this is a kill facility, and I'd like to get anything I can out of there as soon as possible.

I did. The administrator told me to come in and deal directly with him. The thing is that this is a kill facility, and I'd like to get anything I can out of there as soon as possible.

Then I'm doubly glad that everything came together for you and your new little guy.

Okay, I looked, but I can't vote. I start crying thinking that any one of these cuties might not get a home.

I'd be torn between the golden and the lab, mainly because I think beagles bark too much. I totally get the not being able to handle an older dog, but I think it might depend on whether this dog would BE adopted.

I have a lab, which I love. She is my proverbial shadow, I've never had a more loyal dog.

:iagree::iagree::iagree:

I just can't vote. :sad:

Post new pictures of the cutie you pick out!!!

We're back :).

The golden was out walking with a family, and the goofy black dog was hanging out with a family that had a little girl who was giggling like crazy over him.

So, we brought home the little beagle mix :). (the least popular in the poll :lol:)

He's so tiny for being 3 1/2 months old! And such a lover - he just crawls right up our laps and snuggles right in. I'll get pics tomorrow and post them.

Our dog isn't sure what the heck is going on. She wants to play, but he's so small, and then he gets mad and our dog gets confused...it's kind of funny. But, already we've kind of put the stop to some of the, uh, bantering. The little guy thinks he's a prize fighter. Only, he's not. He's figuring that out rather quickly. :tongue_smilie:

All in all, I'm happy with the decision. We all are. Tomorrow I'm calling the golden rescue and suggesting they watch for him - I'm sure they will. And the little black dog is a monster bundle of energy - he and our dog would be going around and around all day long.

So, when I post pics tomorrow, I'm going to need name suggestions ;). We've been calling him Slick, but I don't think that one will stick. The kids want to name him 3.14 :lol:

oh, CONGRATS!!!!!!! I can't wait to see pictures!

I'm so glad you're calling the golden rescue. SO glad!:001_smile:

Yay! Any clue what his mix is? Glad you're all happy. :001_smile: Sounds like yours is a lover. I'm going to through out a vote for Huckleberry Pi. ;)

Oh my gosh, Huck for a beagle would be precious. I really like it.

We're back :).

The golden was out walking with a family, and the goofy black dog was hanging out with a family that had a little girl who was giggling like crazy over him.

So, we brought home the little beagle mix :). (the least popular in the poll :lol:)

He's so tiny for being 3 1/2 months old! And such a lover - he just crawls right up our laps and snuggles right in. I'll get pics tomorrow and post them.

Our dog isn't sure what the heck is going on. She wants to play, but he's so small, and then he gets mad and our dog gets confused...it's kind of funny. But, already we've kind of put the stop to some of the, uh, bantering. The little guy thinks he's a prize fighter. Only, he's not. He's figuring that out rather quickly. :tongue_smilie:

All in all, I'm happy with the decision. We all are. Tomorrow I'm calling the golden rescue and suggesting they watch for him - I'm sure they will. And the little black dog is a monster bundle of energy - he and our dog would be going around and around all day long.

So, when I post pics tomorrow, I'm going to need name suggestions ;). We've been calling him Slick, but I don't think that one will stick. The kids want to name him 3.14 :lol:

That's great! So happy to hear the other dogs found someone too.

Yay! Any clue what his mix is? Glad you're all happy. :001_smile: Sounds like yours is a lover. I'm going to through out a vote for Huckleberry Pi. ;)

Okay, the whole family is LOVING Huckleberry Pi!! Huck for short (and he is a southern boy, after all ;), transported up here from Tennessee from a high kill facility there). Might be perfect, annlaura!

He's supposedly a basset hound/beagle mix. I need to take him to the vet this morning because he's got some lung issues (sounds like he's purring, then he coughs, gags and barfs up phlegm), she might have a more accurate idea of what exactly he is.

He's supposedly a basset hound/beagle mix.

A friend of mine has one of those -- she calls him a bagle (bagel). He is the best dog I've ever met, aside from my own. He is mellow and friendly and wonderful in every way. Your puppy reminds me of her dog.

I hope that whatever ails Huck is quickly cured.

:hurray: YEAH for the beagle! We adopted our female beagle from the humane society and I think she's part basset too! She is the sweetest dog I've ever met. We got our boy beagle from a rescue...he was wondering in the woods. He's the coolest colors...they call it chocolate-tri. We have had beagles for the last 11 years....they are the greatest! I hope that your family enjoys and love your new little boy. Praying that the vet visit goes well and he's in good shape. Looking forward to more pictures and finding out his new name.

Enjoy!

Okay, the whole family is LOVING Huckleberry Pi!! Huck for short (and he is a southern boy, after all ;), transported up here from Tennessee from a high kill facility there). Might be perfect, annlaura!

He's supposedly a basset hound/beagle mix. I need to take him to the vet this morning because he's got some lung issues (sounds like he's purring, then he coughs, gags and barfs up phlegm), she might have a more accurate idea of what exactly he is.

Squeeeeeee! :D I think I'm jealous. A basset-beagle sounds so wonderful! Mine is beagle/something shepherdy like sheltie or aussie, named Beatrix, also imported from a TN kill shelter. Hope he's ok re the purring. My stepdad has had hunting beagles, my brother just rescued a beagle. We all think they're super annoying awful dogs, and just love them to death. Does he bay or howl yet?