Menu

Nursing toddlers say the funniest things

I wish I had kept a book of all the funny things my babes have said about nursing.

My 2yo just said "wait a minute, why can't I nursey and watch Bubble Guppies?"

I responded "well sweetie you can't nurse and watch tv at the same time."

He replies "pause it please."

Anybody else have any funnies to share?

:lol:

I wish I had kept a book of all the funny things my babes have said about nursing.

My 2yo just said "wait a minute, why can't I nursey and watch Bubble Guppies?"

I responded "well sweetie you can't nurse and watch tv at the same time."

He replies "pause it please."

Anybody else have any funnies to share?

Edited by Belacqua
totally missing the point, that's why!

We called nursing "nibbles". So my ds almost-3 has been weaned for about 6 months now, but he still talks about it occasionally. Fine. When he has asked to nurse in recent months, I told him that the nibbles were all gone, sorry, would he like______. Well the other day, he saw me as I got out of the shower and said, in mild outrage, "Mama, your nibbles not gone--did they come back?!" :lol::tongue_smilie:

We called nursing "nibbles". So my ds almost-3 has been weaned for about 6 months now, but he still talks about it occasionally. Fine. When he has asked to nurse in recent months, I told him that the nibbles were all gone, sorry, would he like______. Well the other day, he saw me as I got out of the shower and said, in mild outrage, "Mama, your nibbles not gone--did they come back?!" :lol::tongue_smilie:

:lol::lol::lol:

I love the "BUFFET TIME" look in their eyes after a shower, lol.

:lol: When DS4 was at that stage, one day he tried asking if we could buy some at the store and refill my mommy milks.

We were at the Homeschool Community Center and another mom started nursing her toddler. Colin has been cut off in public for a long time, and he was fascinated to see the other boy nurse. Finally he asked the mom, "Can I have some?"

We were at the Homeschool Community Center and another mom started nursing her toddler. Colin has been cut off in public for a long time, and he was fascinated to see the other boy nurse. Finally he asked the mom, "Can I have some?"

:lol:

Reasonable question! :)

What did she say?

Precious little fellow.

We call nursing "num-num." My toddler will climb in my lap and assume the position and say "I neeeeeeeeeeeeed num-num!" Also, every morning, he tries to convince me to give him num-num before changing his diaper. "No 'tinky biper! Need num-num!" :lol:

I think his cutest toddler nursing habit right now though is reading board books while nursing. He'll run grab a book off the shelf and climb into my lap and prop his book on my chest while nursing. Totally cracks my husband up!

I have one. It has been 4 yrs, but we still talk about our long term nurser, because she was so adorable.

One day we were all sitting quietly at the table eating dinner and she yelled out out of the blue, "I LOVE TO NURSE!" and resumed eating dinner.

Another time as we were all eating dinner, she looked at dh and told him, " I LOVE YOUR WIFE" (again, I think she was thinking about nursing ) She seemed to do all of her deep thinking at the table chewing.

I can't believe I didn't write down all the sweet things that my toddlers said about nursing. You know, you just think you are going to remember forever :crying:.

There has to be a book out there somewhere. If not there should be. I can't remember the funny things the big kiddos said. I'm with you on the tears. :crying:

I didn't nurse past a year, but my ds was three when we brought dd home from the hospital. I was sitting on the couch trying to get our newborn situated for nursing and ds comes over and says, "Mommy, can I squeeze the other one?" My dh and I still laugh about that.

DD was 21 months old and I was 26 weeks pregnant with DS. I was hoping DD would continue to nurse through my pregnancy but I knew I was almost completely dry and she had lost interest. So one day she latched on, popped off a couple seconds later, said, "No milk. Broken." She jumped down, ran away and that was it, she never nursed again.:crying:

My 18 month old just stopped nursing last week:crying:. The last time I tried to nurse him he said all done nu nus, all done mama.:lol:

DD was 21 months old and I was 26 weeks pregnant with DS. I was hoping DD would continue to nurse through my pregnancy but I knew I was almost completely dry and she had lost interest. So one day she latched on, popped off a couple seconds later, said, "No milk. Broken." She jumped down, ran away and that was it, she never nursed again.

That is how my oldest weaned. It still makes me want to cry. He stuck his hand up in the air (making a stop sign) and said "no thanks." That was it. I'm sorry little buddy but momma is gonna need a little closure.LOL.

Awww! These stories are SO sweet! My 19 month old still asks to nurse many times a day...DH calls him an addict. :lol: What's ironic is that he never wanted to nurse as a newborn--it was such a struggle to get him to nurse at all! But by six months or so, he was finally into it. Sometimes I still can't believe I kept trying that long, but I'm glad I did.

He calls it "bee" and if I've been away for a while, he'll ask for "bee" as soon as he sees me. When he sees me uncover, he starts laughing in glee. Then he'll pop off after a minute, say "Mama!" then latch right back on, smiling. OH it is so sweet! I never nursed my other two this long, but I'm glad I'm enjoying it with my third.

I just wish I could get him to stop pinching...he pinches the teensiest bit of my skin between two of his fingers and it hurts. It's like he doesn't realize he does it, though, like he's just fidgeting.

just wish I could get him to stop pinching...he pinches the teensiest bit of my skin between two of his fingers and it hurts. It's like he doesn't realize he does it, though, like he's just fidgeting.

Oh no. My little guy did that A LOT. It really does hurt and I hope he stops that habit soon.

Oh. My. Word. Hysterical!! What did the mom say??

I have one. It has been 4 yrs, but we still talk about our long term nurser, because she was so adorable.

One day we were all sitting quietly at the table eating dinner and she yelled out out of the blue, "I LOVE TO NURSE!" and resumed eating dinner.

Another time as we were all eating dinner, she looked at dh and told him, " I LOVE YOUR WIFE" (again, I think she was thinking about nursing ) She seemed to do all of her deep thinking at the table chewing.

:lol::lol: Sooooo cute!!

I just wish I could get him to stop pinching...he pinches the teensiest bit of my skin between two of his fingers and it hurts. It's like he doesn't realize he does it, though, like he's just fidgeting.

Does he take a nuk/pacifier at all? My son did and when he nursed he had to have a "holding nukie" in the other hand just to fiddle with. Maybe that would help. BTW, these holding nukies got tacky...but that was how he liked it (I mean literally tacky....the rubber got stickyish, if that's a word).

When my oldest was about two I was trying to get her to stop nursing (since I was pregnant with baby #2). Our grocery store was called Copps. I still remember that I told her the milk was all gone (which was pretty much true....she was nursing only once a day) and she said, "Yeah...the milks all gone. Get more at Copps".

I remember how excited they were to nurse and my son would be so happy he could barely nurse because of smiling so much.

Now....with my 7 year old. Oh my! If she had her way she would STILL be nursing. I've never had this "problem" with my other two. She is nearly obsessed with "them". I can't be undressed in front of her or she would want to kiss them. It sounds terrible to anyone that doesn't get it. She doesn't mean to be inappropriate, she just loved nursing soooo much. When I tell her she can't do that and please do not do that in front of other people she is heartbroken (she literally tears up and says, "but I love them mama!"). Last night I was getting dressed and she was in the bed (we share a room, and I am very careful when I get dressed that she doesn't see anything). Well, my bra strapped slipped down (dang it!) and she got a quick view of a little somethin'-somethin' and she was all smiles and said, "this is the best night!" I just wonder if she'll ever outgrow this!!!

Reasonable question! :)

What did she say?

She was totally unfazed! She said, "Well, that's up to your mom," and then we all had a nice conversation about cross-nursing. And I told him he could not in fact have some of her milk, and he was fine with that.

There really is nothing like the delight a toddler takes in nursing, is there? He gets the sweetest, most blissful smile on his face when it's time to nurse. He'll smile up at me and say "I just love see-sees." Or "Can I have other side? I really love other side. That one my favorite."

At 2 and a half, Paige only asks to nurse at bed time anymore. I'm ready to be done... but she's just not. DH doesn't think it's "normal" for her to still be nursing, but what does he know? Nights when she wants to nurse, she crawls up in my bed & says, "Mommy, I go sleep on you. Open you tummy." Or if she's realllly tired, she'll just say, "Open it, PLEASE!"

Not a nursing toddler story, but...

My eldest was 6 when Diva was born.

I woke up one am with her tucked in beside me, and my eldest standing beside my bed. Suddenly, he shoved a bowl of dry cereal under my nose and announced, "We're out of milk, Mom. Can I have some of yours?" :lol: