Menu

Otter's math schedule

This looks SO good I am actually hyperventilating! I might use portions of it with dd next yr in 6th grade. She does CLE so has been exposed to some of these ideas, and this looks like a VERY friendly and fun way for my non-mathy girl to experience some pre-algebra.

As always, THANK YOU!!! :D

This looks so cool! :) A big thank for sharing with everyone.

Curiosity question, why did you choose Course 2 over Course 3. I'm asking because they are both in my ever growing math collection. :D

I chose it because generally the sequence (as I understand it) is as follows:

Grade 6: Course 1

Grade 7: Course 2

Grade 8: Course 3

Otter is going to be in the 7th grade. Also, I was able to preview the materials and they looked about right for him. If he finishes course 2 in one school year and isn't yet ready for algebra, then I may do course 3 with him in the 8th grade. :)

Our school district uses Course 1 for 6th grade and Course 3 for 7th grade. I haven't checked the TOC to see if anything is missed by skipping Course 2 that the teachers have to supplement.

http://www.ttsd.k12.or.us/district/curriculum-and-instruction/content-area/math/holt-mathematics. Most kids seem to take Algebra in 8th grade here, and then they go from Course 3 to Algebra, skipping pre-algebra.

My son is doing Course 1 next year (5th grade) and I plan on having him do Course 2 and 3 before Algebra. We'll use the videos on the go.hrw website.

Edited by ondreeuh