Menu

Getting nervous (9th grade plan)

I've had ds's basic outline for next year in my head for a long time. Now I'm sitting down, realizing I haven't officially chosen resources for a couple of things. Of course that's thrown me into a mini-panic about the entire plan, lol.

English- wrap up Magic Lens I package and go to II

Latin - Third Form, plus supplements not yet determined

Math - Saxon Geometry

History - US History for SAT subject test, resources not officially picked (Originally thought about aiming for AP, but I think the SAT would be a better fit for his aspie brain) His uncle, a history teacher, may be tutoring him a few times a month.

Science - 1/2 credit Astronomy (The Universe and Beyond, plus meeting with our local Astronomy club) , 1/2 credit Meteorology (PH The Atmosphere); those resources are in my bookmarks, but not finalized

Spanish I -no clue

We're also eying Memoria Press's Iliad and Odyssey set, but that might be more for me, lol.

Any official electives are undetermined. He'll continue to play piano, wants to train more for baseball, and probably do some drama and art here and there. We'll track his activities, but I don't want to put any more pressure on his first year of high school. He's a year ahead after a couple of years of moving fast, so he's a YOUNG freshman.

My brain tells me this all looks good. My stomach isn't as confident!