Menu

Exploration Education Science?

Has anyone tried this or know anything more about it?

The sample on the website is nice and I like they way they break down concepts in a fun way. I also like that everything is included in the package and the review pages are a good way to evaluate what's been learned.

I'm thinking about taking the plunge but would love to know if anyone has any experience with this first or if you've heard anything (good or bad) about it.

http://www.explorationeducation.com/store/index.htm

Thanks!!

Guest momk2000

We used this when dd was in 2nd grade. It was ok. It was mainly concepts briefly explained to the student on the CD ROM, with a simple hands on activity and coloring page to illustrate each one. Although I'm sure she learned something from it, dd didn't find this one to be too exciting. I didn't think it was really worth the price.

I used the advanced/intermediate version with my 4th and 7th grade boys this year and I really liked it. I was worried initially, because after I bought it (after my oldest son fell in love with it at our local homeschool conference) I heard some not-so-great things about it, but it worked for us. We did a LOT of really cool experiments, and I am really impressed with how much knowledge both of my kids retained. One note: if you get the upper versions, it is a LOT to complete in one year. We went at our own pace, and will finish up this school year half way through the program, so depending on which version you get and how you plan it, you could definitely spread it out over two years if you wanted to.

Haven't used it yet, but I'm planning to get the intermediate version for my 10 1/2 yo dd for next year. She tried the online samples and really liked it. I love that all the supplies are included - she loves hands-on and I always seem to be missing something. And the directions are aimed at her, so she shouldn't even need me to do them. I'm hoping it will be a hit!

EE has THE BEST customer service I have found. If you get this and try it for a a few weeks, I am almost certain they'd refund your money. I would double check their policy however. But my kit was several years old. They not only let me upgrade it for a nominal fee, but also gave me the newer kit parts I would need as well as a new student manual. A friend has had similar customer service with them. They answered emails very quickly. When my kit didn't get shipped out as they had informed me, they sent an email explaining the delay (all of 2 days, I would have never have known) and then shipped it express mail!

As far as the product, we have used the Intermediate level but only got through the first few lessons but I felt it was fine. NExt year we'll "officially" do it, upgrading to the Advanced version and adding in additional reading from CPO Physical Science for Middle School.