Menu

so now that milk is as much as gas (4.00)

Heck, the milk I buy is $5.19 a gallon. I just can't bring myself to let go of organic, even if it is lower quality organic.

And how about bread? We started buying Oroweat 100% Whole Wheat (brown label) because it was dairy free, and dairy free is hard to find. Plus, it doesn't have high fructose corn syrup in it. Anyway, I went to buy a loaf the other day and it was $4.99 a loaf. It's a short loaf, too. We use at least 3/4 of it for just one lunch.

I need to get back in the habit of getting bread started each morning and staying on top of it. I have a tendency of forgetting it at some point of the process and then end up not having it done in time for lunch, not even a late lunch.

Well, we own and operate a dairy so were good with milk. :p were also getting our vehicles changed over to propane soon. We have a neighbor who has done it and hes loving the savings. Were also getting industrious with things such as growing our own hay (just moved to a 80 acre farm) this year and selling the rest to cover our own feed costs, at least, hopefully, but farming is unpredicfable...rain after a cutting is the biggest concern. Hay prices gave doubled in a few months (of course it the end of spring, but still!) and thats concerning.

Edited by JENinOR