Menu

Baby names (would like opinions, please)!

I know I have not been actively posting on this board in a while, but I do still visit. I am about to be 31 weeks pregnant and we are still waffling about names. I have never felt convicted on a name before and always let my husband give the kids their first names while I choose their middle names. This time I feel strongly about a certain name, though.

Anyhow...getting around to my question...there are two names below, one of which is my husband's pick and the other is my pick. Which do you like better? Our last name is 2 syllables, starting with a T.

Lorelei Simone T_____

Charlotte Genevieve T_____

I like both first names very much, but don't like either middle name, so I'd go for Charlotte Lorelei or vice versa. Btw, I always thought the name Lorelei came from the German legend/poem/song.

About popular names:

I think the popularity of classic names is very different from the popularity of a name that suddenly hits the lists because of a celebrity or soap opera character. A "flash-in-the-pan" name that says, "I was born in 2011."

For instance, "Emily" and "Sophia" are in the top 10, but I knew the names from my childhood/college. And I suspect my mother and my grandmother also knew girls with those names.

They may be more popular now, but the names aren't "dated."

Sorry for rambling. Names are some of my very favorite things to think about. Guess I need to get on my Great American Novel so I can use some more of my favorites! :D

:iagree:

My first name would tell you what decade I was born in, almost to the year. I hate it and stopped using it when I was 8.

And, I love the name Charlotte, and I love the nickname Lottie (although, you don't have to use the nickname).

Soooo, which is your pick??

My pick is Lorelei -- not really stuck on the middle name. I loved Charlotte until I realized that the T sounds at the end of her first name and beginning of her last name would make it sound like Charla T_____. When I noticed that, I started searching again. My husband got attached to Charlotte, though.

My pick is Lorelei -- not really stuck on the middle name. I loved Charlotte until I realized that the T sounds at the end of her first name and beginning of her last name would make it sound like Charla T_____. When I noticed that, I started searching again. My husband got attached to Charlotte, though.

Ooo, so you can't really just have that as the middle name, because there would still be that issue. I hate stuff like that. :glare: Well, I think it's nice to have less common names, personally. The fact that so many like Charlotte is really just a reflection on the fact that it is a popular name right now. :) If it were me, I would choose Lorelei just to avoid having a top-ten name.

Make sure you let us know when you decide!