Menu

Newly 7-yo DD's first narration from WWE.

We are just starting out with WWE. We also just started HS'ing in February. DD7 attended Kinder and the first half of first grade at public school. I am hoping to be done with the first level of WWE and FLL before the end of summer. Here is her very first narration, on "Little House in the Big Woods".

"In Little House in the Big Woods, there were no houses, there were no roads, and there were no people. The only homes were the ones that the animals lived in."

I would have liked for her to mention something about Laura's family in their log house, but overall I think it is a good first attempt.

I think it's great for her first attempt. She spoke in complete sentences! What I did w/ my boys was to read what SWB suggested so they could see what was expected after they had given their narration. Or I would remind them of the questions I posed. I think for some of the exercises, SWB gives you three questions to ask if DC is having trouble with the narration. It's ok to give a question and then append that to the narration. You could have said, "Can you tell me something about the family?" Then have her append that to her narration and say it all over again.

But for a first attempt, it's great and I'd just move on.