Menu

Lookes like child number 2 will also be wearing glasses

We had dd 4 year old check up today. She is healthy and great. Was great during her shot. She said "ouch that hurt" and that was it. But she failed her vision exam and we are off to the eye doctor next Monday. I knew she was doomed, dh and I both have terrible eye sight, but we were both about 8. Ds was 7 and a half. I thought she had a few more years of good eye sight before the glasses time. I am a little worried about how she is going to deal with glasses, she is my crazy kid.

It depends on how poor her eye sight really is. If they really help her she'll be better about wearing them, if it's iffy I would wait. We all wear glasses too. I was hoping one of our would have been spared. :)

Congratulations on the healthy checkup :001_smile:

My two oldest already wear glasses--we knew they were doomed, too.

FWIW, my oldest son is my crazy kid and has had no problems with his glasses. He started wearing them just before age 5. I do recommend an extra pair in the cabinet (we get the primary glasses from WalMart with their breakage repair guarantee thingy, and an extra pair from zenni optical for the times when the primary pair is in for, well, repair.)

She'll be great :coolgleamA:

My DS was 6 when he had to get his first glasses. I knew with the family history it was probably a matter of time, but for some reason it made me cry- and I hardly cry at anything. Since we were homeschooling, DH did let him have contacts too though. :D

I was fine with ds, he was almost 8. He is a total bookworm, and one of his best friends had glasses, so he was really excited. dd just turned 4 a month ago. I know it is silly, but yeah, I am a little sad. I am thrilled with her check up, especially now that it looks like we have had year 2 with no major lung disease. I think we are getting ahead of the asthma finally. I am just being a silly mother.

Thanks for the support, I will def do 2 pairs for her