Menu

It's impossible to make this up. Don't leave your dh & sons w/o supervision!

I went shopping this afternoon. Dh and the boys decided they could help me "spring clean" by dusting under the bed. Our bed is a pain in the rear for me to move so it's not too often that I clean underneath there and there are some killer dust bunnies for certain.

So, their brilliant plan....Lewis, the 7 month old cocker spaniel dog just fits under the bed when he crawls on his belly. Being the geniuses that they are, they oiled his belly with almond oil and kept tossing his stuffed animal toy underneath so he'd crawl under, retrieve it, and return. They kept varying the location of the toss so that they would pretty much cover the whole territory.

Then they patted themselves on the back for "house cleaning" while having fun. Of course, I came home and found a dog with a disgusting underbelly and everyone staring at me, "What, you mean he needs a bath????"

I'm pretty certain my brain had some fits and spasms. I did accuse dh of being brain damaged.:glare:

I think it's time for grad school and I'm certain this means I need to live far from home.

Faith

Yes, we have hardwood floors. Yes, the floor is clean. No, the dog was not clean and I had to sink to s state of "berserk" in order to convince them that my ire will not be assuaged until the dog is properly bathed.

I will NEVER understand the male mind.....totally, completely, and utterly warped by testosterone I guess.

Faith

Ummm. . . maybe I have too much testosterone or perhaps I'm just lazy, because I think it's a brilliant idea! Too bad I have carpet.

:iagree:

Can I borrow your dog? One of mine's too big to fit under beds & the other one is just a baby & hasn't learned to chase a ball yet. :tongue_smilie:

ETA: I'll even wash him when I'm done. :D

Imp is absolutely right! I need to see this from the bigger picture. I have frequently referred to as "Thor, who makes fire". He could have thought of some way to clean under the bed that included matches, flame throwers, and multiply flammable chemicals. :D

Faith

Imp is absolutely right! I need to see this from the bigger picture. I have frequently referred to as "Thor, who makes fire". He could have thought of some way to clean under the bed that included matches, flame throwers, and multiply flammable chemicals. :D

Faith

See? Perspective.

Ummm. . . maybe I have too much testosterone or perhaps I'm just lazy, because I think it's a brilliant idea! Too bad I have carpet.

:iagree:At first, I thought the OP was so mad because she had carpet. Now that I know she has wood floors, I'm thinking her boys had the right idea:)

Yes, we have hardwood floors. Yes, the floor is clean. No, the dog was not clean and I had to sink to s state of "berserk" in order to convince them that my ire will not be assuaged until the dog is properly bathed.

I will NEVER understand the male mind.....totally, completely, and utterly warped by testosterone I guess.

Faith

I hate to break it to you but the oil on the floor will now attact dirt so that next time they will have to clean up an oily, dirty mess, much like the underside of your dog now. Don't ask me how I know. My relations were not so creative but the results were the same.

Edited by KidsHappen