Menu

Osama Bin Laden

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you to our brave soldiers and to our President!!

The pics of the crowd in front of the White House right now are so uplifting.

While this is not the end of our war it is certainly a turning moment. My prayers will continue to be with our soldiers.

To understand where some might have gotten their impression of Pres. Obama, I googled Fox and saw their presentation of this. I didn't see the President's speech quoted, and I saw the false rumor of him having died a week ago there too.

President Obama has often spoken of God and is a Christian. I love that he was clear to point out that this war is not against Islam and that Osama bin Laden was most certainly not a Muslim leader. He was a terrorist and mass murderer.

To understand where some might have gotten their impression of Pres. Obama' date=' I googled Fox and saw their presentation of this. I didn't see the President's speech quoted, and I saw the false rumor of him having died a week ago there too.

[/quote']

But Fox is not the only ones saying "a week ago." I just read it in a British newspaper as well.

President Obama has often spoken of God and is a Christian. I love that he was clear to point out that this war is not against Islam and that Osama bin Laden was most certainly not a Muslim leader. He was a terrorist and mass murderer.

Exactly.

But Fox is not the only ones saying "a week ago." I just read it in a British newspaper as well.

I haven't seen it elsewhere, but I haven't looked all over. The part that struck me was how President Obama's speech wasn't highlighted. Some were wondering why people didn't think Pres. Obama believes in God, and if they're getting all their news only from this source, it's understandable. :)

Me, too. It was a great speech all around. And a great operation, too.

All it takes is one news source to report something incorrectly. Others then pick it up. Most news organizations get their information from only one of a very few sources, so it's not at all unusual for them to be reporting the same thing. Sometimes you will see a story practically word for word in more than one newspaper.

I haven't seen it elsewhere' date=' but I haven't looked all over. The part that struck me was how President Obama's speech wasn't highlighted. Some were wondering why people didn't think Pres. Obama believes in God, and if they're getting all their news only from this source, it's understandable. :)[/quote']

:) I'm surprised to hear others are surprised hearing Obama mention God. I hear him refer to God all the time.

Killed a week ago by American ground troops, kept in American hands, once DNA confirmed, it was announced to the WORLD.

:party::party::cheers2::patriot::patriot::party:

wow.killed at the hands of AMERICAN GROUND TROOPS.:D

All it takes is one news source to report something incorrectly. Others then pick it up. Most news organizations get their information from only one of a very few sources, so it's not at all unusual for them to be reporting the same thing. Sometimes you will see a story practically word for word in more than one newspaper.

Very true. I guess we'll have to wait for all of the rumors to clear to get the full picture.

:confused::confused:

He says "God" quite frequently in his speeches, especially at the end.

Yes, he does! Thank you, President Obama, for giving the go ahead on this operation. Thoughts going out to those in service to our country.

:) I'm surprised to hear others are surprised hearing Obama mention God. I hear him refer to God all the time.

:iagree: And I'm surprised to learn there are people who didn't think he believed in God. This atheist has always known he's a Christian.

According to the speech, it was a ground mission ordered by the President today, not a week ago.

There was a tip last August, the tip was confirmed in Feb, and the Special Ops were called in to execute the mission this morning.

They have his body in custody.

I too am surprised to hear that people actually thought he didn't believe in God. As many times as he has clearly stated that he was a Christian, all the press on his church, all the times he mentions God in his speeches and how he nearly always ends speeches with "God Bless or God bless America".

People will believe whatever they want to though I suppose.

According to the speech, it was a ground mission ordered by the President today, not a week ago.

A few things I read said he authorized the mission to get bin Laden a week ago. Maybe that's where the confusion is coming from. It sounds like the mission was authorized last week, and they killed him today.

But I was flipping through the channels pre-speech and every one of them had "someone" on the phone who was adamant that this happened a week ago, then the dna tests (and we all know those take some time, especially in a case like this one)...

And now, the only one who is saying "a week ago" is the ditzy gal on one of our local channels while the other anchor guy shoots eye daggers at her and interrupts her.

:confused:

Don't love the misinformation.

Can't honestly say that I care what obama had to say. Here's President Bush's comments:

"I congratulated him and the men and women of our military and intelligence communities who devoted their lives to this mission. They have our everlasting gratitude," the former president said in a statement. "The fight against terror goes on, but tonight America has sent an unmistakable message: No matter how long it takes, justice will be done."

But I was flipping through the channels pre-speech and every one of them had "someone" on the phone who was adamant that this happened a week ago, then the dna tests (and we all know those take some time, especially in a case like this one)...

And now, the only one who is saying "a week ago" is the ditzy gal on one of our local channels while the other anchor guy shoots eye daggers at her and interrupts her.

:confused:

Don't love the misinformation.

Fox News is still saying it. Their ticker across the bottom of the screen is still reporting a week ago, DNA, etc...

I just watched Fox streaming live, and they did play some of President Obama's speech, but it was only the very beginning when he made the announcement that he was killed. None of the rest mentioned here was aired.

I know people are happy to hear this news, but the people pumping their fists (on the FOX broadcast) looks canned. :001_huh:

Edited by Teachin'Mine

I just watched Fox streaming live' date=' and they did play some of President Obama's speech, but it was only the very beginning when he made the announcement that he was killed. None of the rest mentioned here was aired.

I know people are happy to hear this news, but the people pumping their fists looks canned. :001_huh:[/quote']

Um, I watched the whole speech on FOX. It wasn't just "some" of it. Perhaps you are catching highlights.

Can't honestly say that I care what obama had to say. Here's President Bush's comments:

"I congratulated him and the men and women of our military and intelligence communities who devoted their lives to this mission. They have our everlasting gratitude," the former president said in a statement. "The fight against terror goes on, but tonight America has sent an unmistakable message: No matter how long it takes, justice will be done."

:001_rolleyes:

I'm just happy the current President of the United States, Barack Obama, got the job done.

Really, you can't?:confused:

No. It would be too easy to disprove. I'm not a huge conspiracy theorist sort of person. I can't imagine what kind of detail would inspire the spread of that kind of misinformation (which could so easily leak out).

I wish I could be happier about this.

:001_rolleyes:

I'm just happy the current President of the United States, Barack Obama, got the job done.

Well, I'm more likely to give the credit to the intelligence folks and those in the military, especially those who signed on with this particular mission in mind. I will add that I'm grateful that it got done. By any president.

Um, I watched the whole speech on FOX. It wasn't just "some" of it. Perhaps you are catching highlights.

Yes, what I was referring to was their current reporting. I just clicked on the link given in this thread and watched their live broadcast. I'm sure all the stations aired the speech in it's entirety when it was given. :)

I think Bush made some great speeches and had a lot of tough decisions to make when he was president. I think he had the best of intentions even when I disagreed with him. I find it just awful that some cannot give our current president the same respect. I find it awful that people would rather believe lies than something good.