Menu

Osama Bin Laden

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

CNN is saying he was killed in a mansion outside Islamabad.

He was killed in a mansion in Islamabad.

ETA: LOL we posted at the same time. Guess it was outside Islamabad. : )

Thank you both.

Bill

It won't make any difference. He was just the figure-head towards the end anyway. There will be retaliation BIG time. *sigh*

I disagree. Killing a "figure-head" like Bin Laden matters. A great deal.

Bill

They're now talking about the new security threats b/c of this news.

I'm a bit worried. My dh is in Baghdad. Ugh.

:grouphug:

I just heard the security news, too. But, on the other hand, doesn't everyone in the know (ie those who count and can do damage) already know he's dead since it's been a whole week?

He's been dead a week???

Maybe I need to set up the TV antennae. :lol:

They are just now announcing it though. They had to do DNA testing to prove. Can't believe it was actually kept under wraps for so long!

But the media just announced it world wide tonight. The rest of us had no idea.

I know. :) I'm just not able to get the news fast enough on the internet. I want CNN or BBC. :D Oh well - I'll settle for the networks if I can get them. :001_smile:

They're now talking about the new security threats b/c of this news.

I'm a bit worried. My dh is in Baghdad. Ugh.

Bin Laden was not widely popular in Baghdad. I might be concerned at the reaction in some parts of Pakistan, but not so much in Iraq.

Bill

They are just now announcing it though. They had to do DNA testing to prove. Can't believe it was actually kept under wraps for so long!

According to POTUS, he was just killed today.

Guess it helps to wait and get the news from the top-guy.

I heard the thing about "a week ago" too, but in his address Obama is saying that it happened today. It sounds like the U.S. didn't notify the Pakistani government until afterward.

Obama tried to make it clear in his speech that we are not at war against Islam and that Osama Bin Laden was a murderer responsible for the deaths of many, many Muslims as well. I don't know if that will help deflect retaliation, but let's hope.

Bin Laden was not widely popular in Baghdad. I might be concerned at the reaction in some parts of Pakistan, but not so much in Iraq.

Bill

I know, but things have been heating up there a bit b/c of the anticipated withdrawal. I'm hoping this doesn't add any fuel to that fire.

Obama just said they only got him today. Not a week ago.

Um...Holy carp. Did our president say that "today" he authorized the bombing that killed Bin Laden?

Tell me I misheard. Or that I misunderstood all the media reports prior to the speech.

That's what I heard him say. If that's true, how did they already get a DNA match?:confused:

It's looking like that was just a rumor.

President Obama said that he was killed today and his body 'taken into American custody' and that no Americans were injured in the attack, which had been planned since August.