Menu

Is it possible to send text messages from my computer?

We are hosting a debate tournament this week, and need to be able to send periodic text message "blasts" to parents there.

I am DREADING the idea of manually entering each phone # each time. Surely there must be an easy way to do this.

Does anyone know? Is there a program or a site I can do this from?

Thanks!

The address book on my phone lets me create GROUPS. You would have to put all the parents' numbers into your contacts list, but then you could create a group in the address book for the parents. When you send the text message, you can send it to the whole group at once.

There are PC apps for sending text messages (google "text from computer") but most of them require that you know which carrier the reciever is using. But I haven't researched them fully, so there may be ones that just let you enter numbers.....

I use my google voice number to send texts from my computer, if they are in my gmail adddress book, all i have to do is type a few letters or numbers of that person's name/phone number..It only lets you send a text to 5 people at a time though....

If you want to send an email as text message, you'd have to find out their carrier. You'd enter their 10 digit phone number then one of the following endings.

For example: Verizon carrier: 3035551234@vtext.com

If you want to send an email as text message, you'd have to find out their carrier. You'd enter their 10 digit phone number then one of the following endings.

For example: Verizon carrier: 3035551234@vtext.com

This. I am tech challenged. I refuse to pay for texting on my cell phone. Dd has a text-only phone plan. I e-mail her phone number, and she text-replies to me. It comes back to my e-mail like any other e-mail. It's great!

We do it all the time with Verizon -- phonenumber@vtext.com. I hate typing on my phone, so if I need to text DH, I use the computer and send it just like an e-mail. Bonus: before we had a texting plan and were paying per text, we'd pay twice, once for my phone to send it, and once for DH's phone to receive it. However, it's free to send from the computer, so we only had to pay once.