Menu

Has anyone been to the Ringling Brothers 200th Circus this year?

If so, how was it? And will our seats be ok if it is an oval arena but we are toward the middle of the arena BUT past the middle and more toward the side that is NOT where the curtain is? Or would we be missing a lot that is going on toward the curtain end?

And specifically, what end did they do the motorcycles racing in the big ball? Curtain end, middle, or far end?

Thanks!

We just went. The kids loved it. We went to the pre show and they brought the kids into the ring and danced and sang and brought out the elephant and they got tatoos. I thought it was upbeat and they had good music, but there was only one actual "clown" the rest just had funky hair and stuff. It was not as good as I remember as a kid, but it might have looked more exciting because I was a kid, KWIM? Our tickets were $14 and worth it though.

:001_smile:

Ours was a one ring circus and everyone could see everything. (idk if they still do 3 rings, or if they are all one now) The entire back was the curtain. They basically cut the arena in half so it was a semi oval. So the circle ring was center and there were floor seats and the end of the oval ring. We were directly opposite the curtain and had a wonderful view. From what I could tell everyone had about the same view.

Idk if they do a bigger version of the circus in a bigger arena? ours was small.

HTH

Oh and motorcycle ball was center, but back towards the curtain. Motorcycle tightrope driver was on the left (if you are facing the stage) over peoples heads. I dont know if you would see that good from the other side

Edited by kwickimom

We went earlier this spring and we had side seats that were closer to the curtain - but it was still a good view (meaning we could clearly see what was going on in the ring furthest from us)! There were three rings but easy to see all three rings if you were sitting on the side. I'm not sure the seats at the end would be very good because the three rings would be in a line! But I'd say anywhere on the side would be good. The curtain was used as the entrance and exit for the acts - so I wouldn't be concerned about being at the end farthest from it.

The motorcycle ball was in the middle and the only act going on at the time.

It was a great show - but not as "big and exciting" as I remembered as a kid - My kids enjoyed it - it was the first time that they had been to the circus. It was a nice family evening out - made even better with their free tickets from the library!!