Menu

Mother's Day just four months after...

my mom died is going to be hard. HARD.

I had a couple of free hours while my son was at orchestra rehearsal this morning, but I'd forgotten my book. I walked next door to Target to pick up a paperback and noticed the huge section of Mother's Day cards.

I thought I should skip it, but then decided I'd get my sister's card and be done with it before the day gets any closer.

Oh, my. I left the store a bawling fool. I think I want to sit this one out.

:crying:

I had a couple of free hours while my son was at orchestra rehearsal this morning, but I'd forgotten my book. I walked next door to Target to pick up a paperback and noticed the huge section of Mother's Day cards.

I thought I should skip it, but then decided I'd get my sister's card and be done with it before the day gets any closer.

:crying: me too...my Mom died 7 months ago...and I just went past her birthday....

:grouphug: to you...all these milestones seem to hurt more and more....

Faithe

I so understand and want to send you a virtual hug. I have not lost my mom, but I lost my oldest son last May 14th. I talked to him everyday that week, but we talked for a really long time on Mother's Day. I was in Charleston with my dh for a couples trip. He was driving me slowly along the battery to look at the waterfront... I was chatting with my ds the whole time about how beautiful it was. I can hear his voice in my head right now and I miss him and I hate this. I would like to just skip Mother's Day too, but I guess I won't be able to. Hugs to you.

I so understand and want to send you a virtual hug. I have not lost my mom, but I lost my oldest son last May 14th. I talked to him everyday that week, but we talked for a really long time on Mother's Day. I was in Charleston with my dh for a couples trip. He was driving me slowly along the battery to look at the waterfront... I was chatting with my ds the whole time about how beautiful it was. I can hear his voice in my head right now and I miss him and I hate this. I would like to just skip Mother's Day too, but I guess I won't be able to. Hugs to you.

Oh, Kari. I have been thinking of you and another mother that I know of who recently lost her son. I just cannot imagine how difficult these days must be for you.

I do hope the memory of that Mother's Day conversation and the sound of his voice will always give you comfort.

:grouphug: