Menu

Soo we maybe HS'ing for another year... need suggestions.

Apparently I missed the register deadline for what was going to be her "new" ps school. Im soo upset.. This was really a new start for us .. and while I didnt mind hs'ing.. she really didnt love it! Also being a single parent it was a bit of a struggle..

So Now.. I need to figure out what to do ..

If anyone uses any online schools , that are reasonable as far as cost.. I would appreciate any suggestions!

She Will be entering 6th grade

Apparently I missed the register deadline for what was going to be her "new" ps school. Im soo upset.. This was really a new start for us .. and while I didnt mind hs'ing.. she really didnt love it! Also being a single parent it was a bit of a struggle..

So Now.. I need to figure out what to do ..

If anyone uses any online schools , that are reasonable as far as cost.. I would appreciate any suggestions!

She Will be entering 6th grade

I don't understand the deadline thing. What do they do when kids move mid school year? I've never heard of anyone being denied a spot in a (non-charter) public school!

I don't understand the deadline thing. What do they do when kids move mid school year? I've never heard of anyone being denied a spot in a (non-charter) public school!

:iagree:and what about homeschoolers who decide mid-year to enroll in ps? I'm fairly certain someone on these boards did that recently. Have you called the school and explained that you missed the deadline and asked what you should do?

Other than K12 and Time 4 Learning I really don't know anything about online schools. I would never recommend T4L.

Wish we were in a state that had free k12..

the reason for missing enrollment deadline was because we reside outside of the district. if we were in the district than it wouldnt be a problem.

However we have friends in the district who spoke to the princ. and got papers for me to fax for enrollment, ..

so now I just have to do that and hope that they bend the deadline rule and take her.. at this point it would just take a lot of pressure off me as a single parent if she got in..

fingers crossed x thanks everyone for the responses!