Menu

Bedtime humor for stressed-out parents (warning: language, probably NSFK)

Oooooh yeah. My 18-month-old, bless his little heart, is a very good sleeper. If he's not falling asleep right away or waking up a lot at night, I know something is wrong and can't get upset.

My almost 3-year-old will wake up just to tell me the alphabet. :willy_nilly:

(Also, am I the only person that goes completely psycho if woken up 30ish minutes after falling asleep? DH handles the early night wakings, because apparently I scare the kids from lights out until midnight.)

The first time I read this I literally fell on the floor laughing and nearly had tears running down my legs.

The first time I read it? My sister sent it to me when my son was in the hospital. I was trying SO HARD not to laugh out loud while sitting by my son's bed in the Pediatric ICU. They probably thought I was crying. Which I was. From laughter. Isn't that terrible?

The first time I read it? My sister sent it to me when my son was in the hospital. I was trying SO HARD not to laugh out loud while sitting by my son's bed in the Pediatric ICU. They probably thought I was crying. Which I was. From laughter. Isn't that terrible?

:lol: Not terrible at all. I bet it was a nice little diversion. Though my family is a firm believer in using humor to distract from sad, uncomfortable, bad situations. So, in my head, that was really sweet of your sister. ;)

Have you read the one about Kenny Loggins Christmas? Because I read that on Christmas Eve and I felt the inappropriate laughing guilt very strongly.

:lol: Not terrible at all. I bet it was a nice little diversion. Though my family is a firm believer in using humor to distract from sad, uncomfortable, bad situations. So, in my head, that was really sweet of your sister. ;)

You're right, it's true. :)

Have you read the one about Kenny Loggins Christmas? Because I read that on Christmas Eve and I felt the inappropriate laughing guilt very strongly.

YES!! Oh my gosh, so hilarious. SO guilty!