Menu

My son is coming home early due to the storms.

Just got a call from Oldest. Covenant College is being evacuated due to the storms (very limited water and only emergency electric on campus) and all students have to be checked out by tomorrow at 3pm. He's catching a ride home with a friend, so he'll be home a week early. Finals aren't canceled, but profs will be contacting students to let them know what the [new] plan is.

The kids were helping with the cleanup at the bottom of the mountain this morning when they got the word. They had hoped to get to a nearby town where some profs live, but didn't make it that far before they were needed. He told me they were told no profs died, but some suffered "loss." Hopefully, it's "just" property.

Keep the area in your prayers if you don't mind. It's not "my" hometown, but I've kind of fallen in love with the place. Kiddo considers it "home" and wishes he could stay to help. He will be helping until they leave (probably Sunday).

Those of you who live in the area, :grouphug:.