Menu

:iagree:

Use the stuff for 2/3 of a year and still love it and THEN post... tell me you love it so much you are using the same stuff next year... of course, as the OP said - tell me HOW you used it (none of us truly use it as is), why it worked, what didn't, what did you tweak, what book did you skip, what did you add?

All cookbook reviews on Amazon are like this. "I love the photos! Everything looks great!"

I once posted a review of a cookbook -- I was the only one who'd cooked anything! I made three or four things and they were all awful! Hilarious.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait, are people using this thread for high school credit? I don't know how I feel about that.

Have you even seen this thread in person or are you basing your opinion only on the description and other reviews? The rigor is there, you can really dig deep with this thread. I never was exposed to threads like this when I was in high school, I think it is totally college prep material. If you use this thread as intended your high school student will graduate with all the knowledge they will ever need to be fabulously successful in any career field they choose. More than worthy of high school credit, I'm going to title it honors on my kids transcripts.

I ordered this thread but didn't use it past the first week. Instead, my children are writing rap songs, watching reruns, painting murals, designing websites, playing with math manipulatives and baking gingersnaps. They will be far more prepared for real life than those who are a slave to this thread.

However, I will still list this thread in my siggie because I want you to know I'm a real homeschooler.

I ordered this thread but didn't use it past the first week. Instead, my children are writing rap songs, watching reruns, painting murals, designing websites, playing with math manipulatives and baking gingersnaps. They will be far more prepared for real life than those who are a slave to this thread.

However, I will still list this thread in my siggie because I want you to know I'm a real homeschooler.

:lol::lol:

This thread sucks. My children hate it too. This is the worst thread I have ever seen. Additionally, I was led to believe that this was a secular thread, but it's clear that the intention of the thread is to sneak in some religion.

Tara

You do know that they use this thread in the ps, right? Of course that makes this thread totally unusable for us! But once I find out what they use in schools in Kazakhstan we are totally going that route because their education system is VERY perfect!

But once I find out what they use in schools in Kazakhstan we are totally going that route because their education system is VERY perfect!

Make sure you get the several big thick books that explain the Kazakh approach to education, because if you don't read them you won't really understand what you're doing and your children won't get the full benefit. And make sure that you get the Challenging Kazakh Problems or your kids will not develop the appropriate conceptual understanding of life.

Tara

Make sure you get the several big thick books that explain the Kazakh approach to education, because if you don't read them you won't really understand what you're doing and your children won't get the full benefit. And make sure that you get the Challenging Kazakh Problems or your kids will not develop the appropriate conceptual understanding of life.

Tara

Well, I have eaten Kazahstani food in Detroit and I own a goat and a kilt so I think I have it under control!

This thread sucks. My children hate it too. This is the worst thread I have ever seen. Additionally, I was led to believe that this was a secular thread, but it's clear that the intention of the thread is to sneak in some religion.

Tara

It's obvious you did not read the "243 reasons NOT to use this thread". The issues you mention were clearly addressed there.

And of course it is not for everyone. People who can't read and don't want their children to be literate would of course not enjoy it. It also requires a lot of deep, deep, DEEP thoughts and if you are a shallow thinker, it is not the one for you.

Yes, but I combine CWR with rigorous classical unschooling, so I need pictures my children can draw in their lapbooks. OF COURSE, they are drawing them without access to black crayons, pens, pencils, or paints, nor whilst wearing black clothing (they also are not allowed to pet black dogs until their 12 year molars come in).

But I need illustrations for my own inspiration so I can draw them for my children to copy. I can't make up my own illustrations because I'm terribly busy. Even though I only have 2 children, I'm busier than you or anyone else who reads this thread. But I'm not going to specify why I'm so busy. I just am.

I'd like to help you, really, but you're a CWR heretic and all I can do at this time is pray for your children. I could reluctantly link you to some sites geared to people suffering from weak minds and need special help in this area, but I'm too busy to google them. My Hulu queue needs attending to as I'm already 2 weeks behind in Bones, Castle, Harry's Law, Body of Proof, Desperate Housewives, Mad Men, and Dexter. I have just too much to do to find you resources. Sorry.

Tara

I am wounded and hurt. I worked for years on the creation of this thread, taking weekends away in remote parts of Montserrat, St. Lucia, Trinidad and Tobago just for the peace and serenity beach-side lounging provides so I could think and plan out this fabulous thread, not to make money off of it, no, but to share with the world my innate academic gifts as well as the entertainment and beauty I provide simply because I exist. My thread is for all, religious, secular, goatherds, chicken misidentifiers, everyone. My goals are to encourage and facilitate the people of the world to hold hands and share a Coca-Cola. My thread is for embracing the global trends of singing insipid ditties created by 13 year old girls who auto-tune their voices on YouTube. Embrace Friday! That's what my thread is all about. If you can't see that; if you can't for just one second look past your own prejudices and pre-conceived notions about what this thread should be in your eyes, you might just see the beauty that is this thread. If you can't do that, then my heart aches for you and your children. I shudder to think of what the world will be like in 20 years. Shudder. To. Think.

I am wounded and hurt. I worked for years on the creation of this thread, taking weekends away in remote parts of Montserrat, St. Lucia, Trinidad and Tobago just for the peace and serenity beach-side lounging provides so I could think and plan out this fabulous thread, not to make money off of it, no, but to share with the world my innate academic gifts as well as the entertainment and beauty I provide simply because I exist. My thread is for all, religious, secular, goatherds, chicken misidentifiers, everyone. My goals are to encourage and facilitate the people of the world to hold hands and share a Coca-Cola. My thread is for embracing the global trends of singing insipid ditties created by 13 year old girls who auto-tune their voices on YouTube. Embrace Friday! That's what my thread is all about. If you can't see that; if you can't for just one second look past your own prejudices and pre-conceived notions about what this thread should be in your eyes, you might just see the beauty that is this thread. If you can't do that, then my heart aches for you and your children. I shudder to think of what the world will be like in 20 years. Shudder. To. Think.

I heard the next Miss America (who was homeschooled starting in utero) was going to use this thread to bring about world peace.

I am wounded and hurt.

Geez, all I did was post my opinion. I think you were being too sensitive. This is, after all, a message board, and if you don't want people's opinions, you probably shouldn't post. I have a right to my opinion, after all!

This message board clearly isn't what I thought it was, and I don't feel welcome anymore. The people who use and like this thread are clearly in the majority, and I don't feel comfortable posting. The thread-likers try to drown out everything the thread-dislikers say. Every time someone posts about another thread, the thread-likers try to take over and boast about their superior thread and their free Hummer. I think I'm going to have to to quit the board now. Bye y'all. It's been real, it's been fun, but it hasn't been real fun!

Tara (disgruntled)

Did you know that the author of this thread promotes this thread as being "pro-chicken and pro-bat", but after looking at her mission statement fully intends to lead others to be fully anti-animal?!?

If you want that kind of deception put into the minds of your children, then you just aren't a good parent.

I, for one, use twelve pages of notebook paper, one pencil, and one encyclopedia volume (the letter R) to author my children's entire thread. It is completely handwritten and encompasses all of the threads that they'll need to get into Harvard by 12.

Now if you don't care enough about your kids....well, that's just clear by the discussion of even considering this thread.

I can't support a thread like this. Or anyone who has read it.

I was told there would be coloring pages to go along with this thread, but mine have still not arrived. :confused:

I personally do not see the value of coloring pages. My own children prefer to carve chicken and bat ice sculptures in our organic herb garden using replica Bronze Age tools while I read classic poems to them in Kazakh and Russian. But of course, some children may just not be ready for ice sculptures.

What I hate are 1 star reviews that only pan some seller who didn't send the book or who described the condition more favorably than warranted. The transaction has nothing to do with the book itself.

Thank you. When I see this type of thing on Amazon it annoys me to no end. I wonder how some of these people manage to get through life - kwim - like what other things in life do they not comprehend? Major pet peeve of mine.

I was told there would be coloring pages to go along with this thread, but mine have still not arrived. :confused:

That's because you have to draw them yourself. Please read my post regarding the CWR methods I employed in the creation of this thread. Thank you.

That's because you have to draw them yourself. Please read my post regarding the CWR methods I employed in the creation of this thread. Thank you.

I have serious philosophical issues with Charlotte Waldorf Reggio (?) Robinson (?) There is no C in childhood without twaddle. It would just be Hildhood, and that's no way to homeschool. (Sorry, off my soapbox!)

I hope that didn't make sense, I've had my had my coffee already.

Edited by LibraryLover

This thread has parted the clouds and allowed the rays of the sun to enlighten my path. I'm no longer wandering lost with no directions in the dark. This thread has shown me a whole new world in a better light. This thread will shine upon my darling children and turn them into wonderful obedient knowledge learners with an even tan. Vit d deficiency has forever been eradicated with the light this thread has revealed.

I sold all my other threads in order to implement this thread in our home, thinking it would turn my children into world class astrophysicists, or at least something equally fizzy. I even applied for a zoning variance for the chickens and bats required.

But after 2 short weeks my children are incessantly reciting the days of the week and refusing to go to their voice lessons, claiming they will simply use auto-tune. When I demanded to know why, my daughter simply replied, "My hand is a dolphin," and started discussing which seat in the car she should choose.

I wondered where I went wrong, but then I realized it was all a horrible plot by the OP:

My thread is for embracing the global trends of singing insipid ditties created by 13 year old girls who auto-tune their voices on YouTube. Embrace Friday!

WHY DIDN'T ANYONE WARN ME? Surely you didn't expect me to read through this thread myself for this information! You thread-users who didn't take time to contact me via phone or email with this information have ruined my family.

I am now purging the house of all vestiges of this thread and anything else by the OP. Instead, I will exclusively use the Kazakh methods someone else mentioned, since that seems much trendier now.

I am now purging the house of all vestiges of this thread and anything else by the OP. Instead, I will exclusively use the Kazakh methods someone else mentioned, since that seems much trendier now.

don't throw the baby out with the bath water. we are using a CWR-Kazak mix and it works great for our family. my hildren never misbehave:)