Menu

x/p What do you put on the CV for "high school"? diplomas?

Joan in GE

One university here wants a CV for ds's application documents.

College admissions due date here is April 30th. And we finally filled in one of the online forms. Only then do they tell you the documents you need to send!

Things are different here - since people do a Matu or Baccalaureate or Arbitur, etc, kids can't be accepted unless they pass that exam. So the admissions process is all quite late here.

Anyway, one wants a CV.

Typically here, on a CV, you put your "education", then you put your "diplomas/certificates".

For high school - do you put "homeschool", or the name that you have given your homeschool, or if you have used an umbrella school, do you put the name of the umbrella school?

In a list of what people included on CV's on the WTM forum, I didn't see any place for "diplomas or certificates". Does anyone do that?

I would be listing:

American High School Diploma (not that they really know what that means and if anyone has any other experience I'd like to hear)

Advanced Placement International Diploma

I've been losing sleep about this on our vacation and finally realized that I can ask all of you...

Thanks,

Joan

For high school - do you put "homeschool", or the name that you have given your homeschool, or if you have used an umbrella school, do you put the name of the umbrella school?

In a list of what people included on CV's on the WTM forum, I didn't see any place for "diplomas or certificates". Does anyone do that?

My son needed a CV for a job application, although a resume was required for one of his scholarship applications as well as an application to an honor's college. All three of these documents began with the same basis but were adapted to the requirements of the individual application.

In all three cases, he listed the name of our homeschool (___ Academy) and then noted in parentheses (Homeschool). In his case, he also listed the community college where he had taken classes. In parentheses he wrote (Dual Enrollment).

He had no other additional diplomas or certificates, but he did mention various honors after denoting relevant experience.

Not sure this is helpful, Joan.

Yes Jane, that is helpful. Thanks!

I see there is confusion about CV and resume from the high school board. I hadn't realized that the term wasn't used so much in the US. So people should think of a "resume" and what they would put on that....

I've just searched CV vs resume and some sites say they are quite different. In actuality, what my older ds's have produced as a CV is what they are calling a resume on some sites (ie one page)...

Joan