Menu

If you are in Classical Conversations, how do you plan your other curriculum?

We will be doing CC (Foundations) for the first time this year. For the sake of efficiency, I am trying to figure out how to plan our curriculum around the CC memory work, but I'm not finding any easy way to do this. Do you just do the CC memory work and then do your own thing for everything else? Or if you plan science and history around CC, how do you do it?

Thanks!

I don't plan everything out for us.

In CC, for Science we are doing Anatomy and Chemistry. I'm looking for go experiments kits in each area for us to work on during that time in CC. I'll also supplement with books.

For History, I'm doing SOTW and I'm not in sync with CC. We are going to be doing Vol 2 next year. I figure the History they get in CC is bonus. I did notice this year that a lot of the stuff we read about in SOTW they remembered from CC the year before and it helped things click with them.

For Geography, I get black outline maps and puzzles of whatever area we are studying. The kids love to play with those. I'm still looking for a good game for learning the capitols for this next cycle.

Hope that helps!

We try to do history and science close to CC, but not an exact, weekly match. So this fall will be Cycle 3, which is American history and biology (and something else...can't remember).

We do math and language arts in our own program. For the rest, this fall we'll do Heart of Dakota Bigger, which helps us go through the history and science, as well as everything else.