Menu

SOOO Thrilled!

kmacnchs

I have been working w/dd2 in OPG for a year & a half

She is only on lesson 100 (we do by time, not lesson, and she is *antsy*)

She has been on the cusp of reading fluently but she guesses a lot (again, *antsy*)

We do school 3x/week and she does it but she is not thrilled

Well, we went to a historical park today and she started reading the signs telling about the buildings all by herself! Still sounding stuff out, but totally initiating it by herself! I was SOO excited!!!

I was reading the signs (not out loud, just doing my own thing while they were running around) and she came up and just started reading!

okay, back to your relaxing weekend - just had to tell someone who would *really* appreciate it :) (others who have not taught their children how to read or those in which it has been awhile do not get quite as excited)

okay, back to your relaxing weekend - just had to tell someone who would *really* appreciate it :) (others who have not taught their children how to read or those in which it has been awhile do not get quite as excited)

:D Yes, it was one of the greatest moments of my life. More exciting than childbirth (and I was more alert, too).