Menu

Looking for a nice wall calendar

kristinannie

I am looking for a nice, big, sturdy wall calendar to put in our classroom. I want to be able to mark holidays, field trips, birthdays, etc. My kids really don't understand this concept so I would like to take 5 min every morning and just say this was yesterday, this is today, this is tomorrow, etc. Plus, this way they can see the exciting things that are coming up. I saw one in the RR catalog that looked nice, but I can't find it on their website. Any recommendations would be appreciated!

We use and LOVE the More Time Mom's Wall Calendar. I think you can get it at Calendars.com and other place. Do a search for it and you will find it. It has big spaces w/ lines for writing in activities and appts. There are also stickers in the back for things like dr, dentist, sports, mom time, field trips, birthdays, date nights, holidays, first day/last day of school, etc. HTH

I recently printed one off of Shutterfly and personalized it with family photos. You can insert photos on the days for birthdays, anniversaries, holidays.

It's not big so it might not be great for pre-k and using as an introduction, but my Ker, who already grasps the concept of a calendar, LOVES it.

I painted the back of the glass of two 11 x 17 picture frames. I use dry erase markers to put the current month on one and the next month on the other. I like how the painted glass looks, but I think I'll try slipping a fabric printed with squares behind the glass next time. The monthly calendars are hung next to two larger frames that I painted with magnetizing paint and chalkboard paint. The week's activities go on the chalkboard.

I painted the back of the glass of two 11 x 17 picture frames. I use dry erase markers to put the current month on one and the next month on the other. I like how the painted glass looks, but I think I'll try slipping a fabric printed with squares behind the glass next time. The monthly calendars are hung next to two larger frames that I painted with magnetizing paint and chalkboard paint. The week's activities go on the chalkboard.

What an intriguing idea. Any chance you have a picture or a blog where we can see it?

We use and LOVE the More Time Mom's Wall Calendar. I think you can get it at Calendars.com and other place. Do a search for it and you will find it. It has big spaces w/ lines for writing in activities and appts. There are also stickers in the back for things like dr, dentist, sports, mom time, field trips, birthdays, date nights, holidays, first day/last day of school, etc. HTH

I've tried many calendars over the years, but once I found More Time Moms there was no going back.