Menu

Tina Fey's Prayer for Mothers

A Mother's Prayer for Its Child ??

I'm not an It.

I saw that, too, and I couldn't help but wonder if that is the blogger's mistake and not Tina Fey's? As snarky as she is about grammar and spelling mistakes, I'm going with the blogger.

I read this with laughter and tears in my heart! I loved it! Thanks for sharing: )

Yea, homeschooling might be for her - intellectually fulfilling, NO high heels, get to stay in your pjs some days til noon, can stop in between math and history to make mocha cupcakes for a friend's birthday, etc, etc, etc

ReneeR

I saw that, too, and I couldn't help but wonder if that is the blogger's mistake and not Tina Fey's? As snarky as she is about grammar and spelling mistakes, I'm going with the blogger.

No. That's the real title. I heard Tina read it on Fresh Air a week or so ago.

I assumed, since she's, you know, a comic, that it was meant to be funny?

that was a cute piece of writing. I like Tina Fey but I lost a lot of respect for her for hiring Alec Baldwin after his horrific treatment of his 11 year old daughter was made public.... I know it's old news but I'm not really over it I guess!

It's a small point, and I do not in any way mean to excuse him. But the infamous phone message happened after 30 Rock was on the air.

And, I don't know, but I think "horrific" might be over-stating it just a bit. All I ever heard was that he lost his temper and yelled at her when she did not call him as agreed. Is there more I don't remember?

A Mother's Prayer for Its Child ??

I'm not an It.

I put this on my facebook, but from a different source. The title there was listed as, "Prayer for a Daughter." It's from her new book. I don't think it has a title in the book? I think news agencies, bloggers, etc have given it their own name.

I put this on my facebook, but from a different source. The title there was listed as, "Prayer for a Daughter." It's from her new book. I don't think it has a title in the book? I think news agencies, bloggers, etc have given it their own name.

No, it's the same title in the book. It bothered me enough while reading that I specifically remember it.

It's a small point, and I do not in any way mean to excuse him. But the infamous phone message happened after 30 Rock was on the air.

And, I don't know, but I think "horrific" might be over-stating it just a bit. All I ever heard was that he lost his temper and yelled at her when she did not call him as agreed. Is there more I don't remember?

The part that sticks in my mind is him calling her a 'worthless pig'... to an 11 year old girl, yep that's horrific to me. Maybe I am oversensitive! But I didn't realize he was already working at 30 rock, thank you for correcting my error.