Menu

Since Mom2legomaniacs announced happy hour...

Does anyone have a fantastic mai tai recipe? My fil took dh & I to PF Chang's while he was here, and I had the most incredibly delicious mai tai. I really want to recreate it. Of course, I could try various recipes after googling, but I thought I'd ask here first. :D Thanks!

Lisa

Does anyone have a fantastic mai tai recipe? My fil took dh & I to PF Chang's while he was here, and I had the most incredibly delicious mai tai. I really want to recreate it. Of course, I could try various recipes after googling, but I thought I'd ask here first. :D Thanks!

Lisa

I am sorry I can't help with drink recipes. That is why I married a bartender! :001_smile:

Ooohh, when you get a good recipe, can I come over? That sounds great! I've moved past the Mike's and on to Ben and Jerry's. Cherry Garcia! AHHHHH so good! I have a little tiny to-go type container of it. Dh got it just for me so I don't have to share.:D

Awww!! What a sweet dh. You're livin' large this weekend....alone time, your very-own-don't-hafta-share B & J's, fondue....I think I might be jealous. Oh, and sure you can come over. Mi casa es su casa! :D

Lisa

:lol: Hey - so did I!!! Only my bartender doesn't drink anymore. I guess he was too good at what he did!! LOL

But, PAR-TAY at Lisa's tonight!!!!! Dude - I'm there!!!!!

I guess I didn't have the foresight you people did....my dh thinks bartending consists of opening a beer. :lol: And btw...you're *all* welcome. The more the merrier (especially when we're drinking mai tais)! :D

Lisa

I guess I didn't have the foresight you people did....my dh thinks bartending consists of opening a beer. :lol: And btw...you're *all* welcome. The more the merrier (especially when we're drinking mai tais)! :D

Lisa

So, who's bartending???? LOL As long as he can open a bottle of merlot, I'm there!!

But, I'd drink mai tais as long as there's some good beach music going and I think I'm in the Caribbean!!! LOL

Ummm...I dunno. Me?? Dh can handle opening a bottle, too, so either way, you should be covered. However, I've been doing some research and.. who knew?? Apparently the mai tai is a very controversial drink. There are a LOT of different ways to make it and even more opinions as to what constitutes a "real" mai tai. :sigh: I guess I'm going to be forced to test them all. I mean, *someone* has to do it, right? I'm just trying to help...burp.gif :hic:

Lisa

Ummm...I dunno. Me?? Dh can handle opening a bottle, too, so either way, you should be covered. However, I've been doing some research and.. who knew?? Apparently the mai tai is a very controversial drink. There are a LOT of different ways to make it and even more opinions as to what constitutes a "real" mai tai. :sigh: I guess I'm going to be forced to test them all. I mean, *someone* has to do it, right? I'm just trying to help...burp.gif :hic:

Lisa

Oh man!! I'm there. Seriously - if you need someone to help you taste test . . . hic . . . I'm your friend. Dh is willing to mix . . .

Oh man!! I'm there. Seriously - if you need someone to help you taste test . . . hic . . . I'm your friend. Dh is willing to mix . . .

:auto: Sounds like a road trip to me! A toast...to my new friend who really, really unnersands me :hic: :lol:

Lisa

Lisa

Watch what you wish for, I might be close enough to get there!

Oh man, you're in NC. Can you move to MI???? Like, next door???? We'd be best of friends. Really. The house across the street is for sale . . .

Well, I'm *almost* in NC...I'm actually in SC (very, very upstate). I would *love* to move to Michigan. It'd be a whole lot closer to "home." Dh would decline to move with me though -- which is kinda problematic since I'm pretty attached to him and all. We'll just have to look each other up if we're ever in the area -- of course, I'm not opposed to scheduling a trip, 'specially if the friend in question has a bartender at her beck & call. :D

Lisa

Watch what you wish for, I might be close enough to get there!

Well, if your location is still what's listed in your profile, you're close enough to get here but it's not just around the corner. 'Bout 180 miles from me, I think. C'mon down!

Lisa

A tiny town....Fort Mill. Heard of it? We're almost on the border -- actually, our house is about 2 miles from the border. Where are you? Thanks for the recipe -- have you tried it?

Lisa

Not only do I know where Fort Mill is, I've been there! My college roommate was from there. At least you're close to Charlotte when you feel the need for a bigger city. I'm in Asheville and no, I haven't tried the Mai Tai recipe...sounds wonderful though!

Not only do I know where Fort Mill is, I've been there! My college roommate was from there. At least you're close to Charlotte when you feel the need for a bigger city. I'm in Asheville and no, I haven't tried the Mai Tai recipe...sounds wonderful though!

How funny that you've been here! Small world & all that. Yes, well, I pretty much *always* feel the need for a bigger city. Thankfully, it's only a 10 minute drive to a very nice area. Dh works in Charlotte, and when we originally relocated, we lived there too. We only moved to Fort Mill because of the *much* lower taxes, less insane traffic for dh's commute -- and also to (hopefully) recoup more when we're relocated again. Many people are moving out of Charlotte to Fort Mill for the same reasons we did, so we're hoping that will make a difference for us when we sell. Even in this crazy economy, the homes are holding their value...even gaining some (for now). Compared to Char/Meck schools, Fort Mill's are much better, so that's a plus for buyers, too. Asheville's not that far...perhaps one day our paths will meet. :)

Lisa

p.s. Yes, the recipe sounds great! I have big plans for it. :D

I'm bummed I missed happy hour here! I was at happy hour at the neighbor's. Mmmm chicken wings. Melissa, by single-serving of Ben and Jerry's I'm guessing you mean the standard one-pint container? ;)

LOL! I wish. Nope, one of those teensy ones that have a little tiny spoon under a flap on the lid. After the HUGE piece of Lemon and Artichoke Chicken I ate, no way a pint was going to fit in there too.