Menu

We bought 8 baby chicks...and a house to go with them!

OK we really bought the house first but wanted one we could have chickens. We had bid on a short sale huse and 6 weeks later found it went to the first bidder...darn it.

Then our realtor found this other house...with all we wanted; at least 4 bedrooms, a place big enough to have a homeschool in it's own space, a garage, a little bit of land, a shop at least 30X40 or place to build a shop, no far from town, a one we didn't have to do much work to.

Well, we found a house 2300sf (we have 1100 now!) with 5 bedrooms, 2 baths, on an acre, double car garage, 40X60 shop and the best of all...it has a whole livingroom in the basement that will be the homeschool, and I will have a whole room just for my sewing HEAVEN!!!! all this and it's only 5 miles from town. We made an offer and they countered and we accepted. We close on May 20th...not soon enough!

Today DD-7 and I went and bought 8 chickens...2 red, 2 white, 2 blue and 2 black chicks. They are cheeping in the livingroom as we speak. I will post homeschool room picts when I get it all done. Now I am off to drool over the homeschool room picts posted to get more ideas!!!!!!

HOORAY for you!!!!!!!!!! That's fantastic!

Are you sure the chickens will be allowed at the new location? Owning chickens is SO MUCH FUN. I tell you they just crack me up!!!

We had one of those typical swingsets for the kids, the one that's all wood with the fort you can climb into and slide down. Dd8 kept getting hurt out there and when she told me she hit her head and heard a loud CRACK, I was done. She told me about it like 6 - 8 months AFTER THE FACT. I asked her WHY she didn't tell me sooner, she said she didn't want to have to come inside. :001_huh: So that was the last straw for us. We didn't want her getting hurt! So we took off the swings, rings, rope ladder and slide, and we converted it into a chicken coop! We found a window at the dump, and it's SO cute. Every morning I open the door at the side of the house and yell out, "Good morning, girls!!!" and they all go running to the window. We watch dd11 open up their little door and they all walk down the ladder to get to the outdoor coop. They're just SO entertaining and sweet!

Dd11 brings chickens in a baby back when we go for walks. And the chickens LOVE it. They just sit in that baby backpack like it was created just for them.:lol::lol::lol: