Menu

Will your children homeschool their children?

Will your children homeschool their children?  

1. 1. Will your children homeschool their children?

• Definitely!
    • Probably...
    • Maybe.
    • Probably not...
    • No way!
    • Not sure...
    • Not planning to have kids.
    • Other.

If I can figure out how to attach a poll, this will be for your children to answer!

After reading the thread about homeschoolers who choose not to homeschool, I asked my 8yo ds if he would homeschool his children. He said, “I’m not sure.†When I asked if he thought I should send him to public school he said “I’m not sure.â€

Apparently he isn’t feeling particularly opinionated this morning. Maybe some other children are though! :D

Diva doesn't want kids, and at 12, neither did I! :lol:

All I know is, *I* have no intention of hsing any grandkids. Nuh uh. Help out if asked, sure. But not full time, M-F stuff. That's their parents job. I want to relax, not be any sort of authority figure.

I have no clue. I would hope he'd consider it, but it would depend upon his family dynamic. If he's working I hope he'd leave the decision to his wife or at least not dictate what they will do.

I think he enjoys the freedoms he has in homeschooling. I'm not sure if he can truly appreciate it though.

I have my own little clouds of hope, but what he will do is beyond my control.

I do plan on reading a lot to my grandchildren and spoiling them. I don't really want to homeschool them however.

Ds has his entire future planned out, down to his math for next year.

He's going to be an engineer, which he thinks will provide an adequate income to allow his wife to stay home & hs AND allow the 2 of them to have as many children as the Lord wants them to have.

I think it's amazing how clear-headed he is about his goals & practical ways to achieve them/ensure that they're possible.

Dd otoh doesn't know anything quite for certain. She's clear-headed in her own way: she's not sure she wants the work of more than 3 kids, & she's not sure about choosing a career that would give her the option of staying home. She wants to be a singer/dancer/horse trainer/painter. :001_smile:

If I can figure out how to attach a poll, this will be for your children to answer!

After reading the thread about homeschoolers who choose not to homeschool, I asked my 8yo ds if he would homeschool his children. He said, “I’m not sure.†When I asked if he thought I should send him to public school he said “I’m not sure.â€

Apparently he isn’t feeling particularly opinionated this morning. Maybe some other children are though! :D

My oldest (18yo) says he either wants his wife to homeschool his kids or for me to homeschool his kids. My second son (17yo) is uncertain if he will ever have kids, but expects to homeschool them. My daughter (10yo) says she wants me to homeschool her kids but doesn't want to do it herself--however, she is only 10, so that could change. My 9yo has no thoughts of the future yet.

The kids and I were just talking about this the other day. After seeing a common thread of behavior changes and hearing of the "culture" in some of their highschool ps friends, ds is adamant about homeschooling his kids (he was before, but even more so now). He plans to share the responsibility evenly with his wife. Dd doesn't currently plan to have children (so that's what I voted for her), but if she does, she expects she'll send them to a private school so she can work/have a carreer, but if for some reason that doesn't work out, she will "have" to homeschool.

I actually got 2 Definitely! , but the poll won't let me show that.

Ds #1 - Probably

Dd #1 - Definitely!

Ds #2 - Not sure

Ds#3 - Definitely!

Dd#2 - No Way!

Ds #4 - Probably not

My two academically inclined children both voted *Definitely!*

Ds #1's answer surprised me. :)

Fun Poll!

I voted maybe. I don't have a way to see into the future, but I think they will look at hsing as an option. I think they will go with what they feel is the best for their family.

We have only home schooled the twins since they became high schoolers. So, they have experiences for both sides of public school and home school. Both hated public school, but neither seem to truly like home school. They just prefer home schooling and currently it is what fits their goals right now.

Younger two haven't home schooled... yet. I am thinking of doing cyber school for Ds#2 next year for 7th grade. Ds#3 will continue in ps (currently in 4th grade) as he is just too high needs and is a total distraction for the other kids. Maybe when he is in middle school it will work out better. By then the twins will be graduated and Ds#2 will be in high school and hopefully more independent... and maybe Ds#3 will have settled down a bit-LOL.

#1 ~ Probably

#2 ~ I don't care, groan (he's not feeling well)

#3 ~ Probably

#4 ~ Definitely

#5 ~ Cookie?

#6 ~ Gaaa

:lol: :lol: A couple of your answers weren't included on the poll! Wonder why?! :lol:

I have 2 not sure (but leaning toward hs) and one most likely which I narrowed down to one probably! :001_smile:

ETA: My dd told me, a couple of years ago, that if she had to work for some reason, she'd want me to homeschool her kids! I would do that!

Edited by Brindee

I'm an other vote. Some of my kids want to and some don't.

My oldest son wants to send his kids to school, but also says he's awesome because he was homeschooled (:D) and is still trying to hash that one out in his brain! He also wants his kids to have unlimited access to electronics! So we'll see how things turn out when he's matured a bit and actually has a family.

One of my dd wants to work full time so homeschooling isn't on her radar.

One ds will only marry someone who will homeschool HIS kids.

Another dd wants to be a stay at home mom who homeschools.

My youngest dd hasn't said one way or another!

I think it will really depend on who they marry and their life cirumstances.

Edited by missmoe

My ten year old wants a lifestyle (career, leisure) similar to the one his dad and I live, and homeschooling is what makes it do-able. He would definitely consider it, but not pressure his wife to feel she needed to do it. We have several relatives and friends faring very well in public and private schools, and some that are struggling with homeschool; given the experiences of others we know he's not an all-or-nothing, one-size-fits-all thinking kind of person so I think it would really just depend on his spouse, his career, and those dynamics. He's definitely open to it, which is ideal (for me). I don't want him dying on any educational hill, unless he plans to do it full-time himself.

My five year old is still so young. She's more of an all-or-nothing thinker, so I suppose it will just depend on where she falls once she gets to that point in her life - she'll either be a stay at home, homeschooling mother OR a childless career oriented wife. She's all in, or all out :)

I'd help either child homeschool, part- or even full-time. But I'm from a culture that does this anyhow, the multi-generational living and heavy involvement. I fully expect to be an integral part in the raising of my grandkids, homeschooled or otherwise. That's assuming my kids - and their spouses - adopt 'our' way, instead of the more American model. My parents help me homeschool; as a single parent who must travel for work, it's wouldn't work without their help. I'm fortunate they expect, and like, to help rather than to see it as a chore or something they have no desire to participate in.

I really don't know. Never asked them. I do know that they plan to just go to the hospital and "get" a baby since they don't want to give birth either way! :001_huh:

ETA: Okay, Becca said she will because she can teach them more than a regular school. But she plans to adopt because she doesn't want to go through the pain.

Sylvia said she would homeschool because she would miss her kids. What a sweetie!

Edited by Mommy22alyns

My kids are only 12 and 14. There is no way of telling what they will end up doing with their lives, what kind of career choices they make - right now, DD is looking to be a scientist.

This means there is no way of telling what kind of demands their job will place on them, where they will live, even in which country they will live.

They do not know whether they will find a partner and whether they will have children.

So, at this point, it makes no sense to speculate whether they would homeschool: whether they would WANT to, be able to, be legally allowed to.

I finally got around to asking all my children if they would homeschool so I could answer the poll myself. :D I really meant the poll for children's opinions!

DD16: Not planning to have kids.

DD14: Definitely.

DD11: Probably. If my wife wanted to.

DS8: Not sure.

DS5: No. Then I could get more stuff done at home.

17 yo ds: children.....WHAT? You have those after you get married, right? School them at home? Are you kidding? I haven't even thought about my senior year, much less how I'll school my future progeny.

14yo dd: Absolutely

10yo dd and 9yo dd: no clue

Funny you should ask this. My 6 yr old son informed me the other day he is going to have lots and lots of kids and they are all going to be home schooled. Now if he finds the right wife in the future to go along with his plans.