Menu

Scene that just played out in my living room . . .

Dds, 10 and 6, have an 8yo friend over this afternoon. The friend, who has 3 older brothers, is also homeschooled.

They've played outside, listened to music, and are now playing "school" in our living room.

This just happened:

All 3 girls were seated, silently poring over history books (which were way above-level in reading for two of them).

Dd10: OK, class, what have you learned today?

Friend 8: I learned that President Roosevelt was shot dead while he was in a theater.

Dd6: In real life?? (look of shock on her face)

Friend 8: Yes, he was shot because there weren't enough guards working that night.

Dd10: OK, time for our next class. Everyone get out your grammar books.

Sound of 3 books being slammed shut, and 3 pairs of feet scurrying to their "lockers."

I love afternoons like this. :001_smile:

I had a roll book, complete with students' names and grades, which I would "average" at the end of each semester. I guess that was an indicator of my CPA future, huh? And my INTJ personality. :D

My "teacher name" was "Karen Andrews". I have no recollection where that came from. I remember wrapping on my desk with a ruler to bring the class to order.

Yes, I'm a little . . . odd. :tongue_smilie: