Menu

I am teaching students how to find constellations. (sm)

How do I find a chart of stars in the Northern Hemisphere without the constellations already outlined? I want them to look at the paper and find the constellations themselves. I can see the constellations myself when it is already outlined but if I have to find it at night, I am not sure what I am looking at. So, I want to teach the kids how to find them.

Tammi

Chet Raymo's 365 Starry Nights. He begins in January and holds your hand through every night of the year, expanding your knowledge of the sky as it changes monthly.

Some enjoy the constellation book that Rey (of Curious George fame) wrote. His constellation templates are simple geometric patterns which seem easier to associate with the stars when gazing--at least for me.

Good luck.

It has a star chart for each month....on the left is the image, with the stars "connected" to show the constellations. On the right are just the plain stars.

We have only been using it a few weeks, in conjunction with the astronomy event for science olympiad and have found it extremely interesting and helpful. Also, only $8 or so.

HTH,

Holly