Menu

What's with the ads?

zaichiki

They said what? Good thing they're homeschooled!

This morning DD8 put two smaller dryer balls on top of a larger one and said, "Hey Mom, look!"

Me: "Nice! It's Mickey Mouse."

DD8: *eye roll* "Mooooom. It's a CO2 molecule."

Well, alright then. 

• Like 8

25 minutes ago, JIN MOUSA said:

This morning DD8 put two smaller dryer balls on top of a larger one and said, "Hey Mom, look!"

Me: "Nice! It's Mickey Mouse."

DD8: *eye roll* "Mooooom. It's a CO2 molecule."

Well, alright then. 

Bwahaha. That's hilarious. I always say that I never had a child until I had my second kid.

• Like 2

Me:  "You're not doing anything!"

Kid:  "Not true.  My cells are dividing."

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

Dd7:  I often think that I'm not real. The world is just a giant head and I'm just a thought. "Wake up!" I shout.

• Like 8

8 hours ago, 4KookieKids said:

Dd7:  I often think that I'm not real. The world is just a giant head and I'm just a thought. "Wake up!" I shout.

That might work as haiku!  😉

• Like 3

1 hour ago, daijobu said:

That might work as haiku!  😉

It was just so random. Here we are driving home from ballet rehearsal and she’s eating a snack while looking out the window, and out it came. And then more silence while I tried to think of an appropriate response. Lol.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Me (hearing weird noises in the dark): What are you doing?

Sacha: Working on echolocation

• Like 4

19 hours ago, SeaConquest said:

Me (hearing weird noises in the dark): What are you doing?

Sacha: Working on echolocation

Well, there is that blind kid that did that.    He could 'see' the difference between a tree and a man by the sound of the echo.  

• Like 1

Another homeschool family, the "Smiths" were over one day this week and we pulled out a Magic School Bus kit we'd been given to do together. The Smith children are the same ages as mine, but not accelerated. I was going over the activities, asking for guesses about what might happen, etc, giving some questions to the little ones and some to the bigger. At one point there was a silence after I asked a medium-difficulty question, and finally my six year old said "I know the answer, but this seems like a question for the Smiths. Do you know, Suzy?" Alas, Suzy didn't know. I need to explain to my daughter that she was right, but you don't say things like that in front of other people. Not sure how to do that without accidentally encouraging her to be even more patronizing, so I'm just stewing in it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

We had one of those moments this weekend.   We were doing the History Walking Tour in San Antonio.  Tour guide pointed out some little statues for sale.   I missed the name of that style of craft, but it was painted with little points of color.   DD said. "Like Pointillism"  Tour guide said, "Are you homeschoolers?"   BTW, I'd recommend the tour.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

At our end of the year science club, one of the tween boys said something insulting to one of the younger kids. DD swooped in and responded “No! You cannot talk to him like that! This is a safe place!....By the way, that was a good burn-but not here!” (The mom of the kid being verbally smacked down and I were trying hard to keep a straight face)

• Haha 1

This DD is 7, and DS is 5.

DD: (to her brother) "Quid nomen tibi est?"
DS: "Je m'appelle [Name]."
DD: (rolls eyes) "No, when I ask you your name in Latin you have to answer in *Latin*, not in French."
DS: "NYET!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 5