Menu

Swollen pregnant feet - what shoes to wear/get????

Hello out there! With this pregnancy I now have swollen feet (didn't have that with the other two). ANyone have any recommendations for shoes??? Just get a size up? My regular shoes hurt. I am living in my sandals in the house because my slippers are not comfy. The sandals are great because they have arch support and are a little wider. But, I can't wear these running errands and such since they are not flattering with ANY outfits. I also don't want to spend too much money on shoes that I should hopefully only be wearing for about 4 +/- weeks. Merrals felt AMAZING when I tried them on last night, but the price tag of a shoe that would not fit me later hurt too much and they stayed at the store.

What say the hive???:bigear::bigear:

ETA: Forgot to mention - hoping to not have to bend to tie the shoes that I hope exist out there!

Hello out there! With this pregnancy I now have swollen feet (didn't have that with the other two). ANyone have any recommendations for shoes??? Just get a size up? My regular shoes hurt. I am living in my sandals in the house because my slippers are not comfy. The sandals are great because they have arch support and are a little wider. But, I can't wear these running errands and such since they are not flattering with ANY outfits. I also don't want to spend too much money on shoes that I should hopefully only be wearing for about 4 +/- weeks. Merrals felt AMAZING when I tried them on last night, but the price tag of a shoe that would not fit me later hurt too much and they stayed at the store.

What say the hive???:bigear::bigear:

ETA: Forgot to mention - hoping to not have to bend to tie the shoes that I hope exist out there!

I loved my birkenstocks. They're adjustable.

I loved my birkenstocks. They're adjustable.

:iagree:I wore Birks every time I was pregnant. I have a black pair and a brown pair.

I can't remember if I had my Crocs when I was pregnant with Schmooey, or not. They are wonderful shoes, in any case, easy to slip on. I think they would be fabulous pregnancy shoes! Nice and wide, too, for when your feet are swollen.

I had luck with Easy Spirit for my preggo feet. Of course, if I were pregnant now, I would probably just live in flip flops. When I was pregnant with dd9 though, I was still working and needed real world shoes. I also had luck with a brand of shoes from Kmart called Cobbie Cuddlers. I got a pair of their sneakers and although they looked a little like orthopedic shoes, I did not care. I seem to recall they also had them in wide width.

Thanks all!

I tried on regular Crocs and the Kadee model. They did not fit properly. Since so many people suggested Crocs, I ordered another model (Marnie) of crocs last night. They should arrive by Tuesday (why didn't I ask earlier in the week so that they could be here already???:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Anyhoo, thank you for all your suggestions! I remembered that I had a gift card for Teva.com so I ordered more of the flip flops that fit so amazingly! I just hate to SEE how fat my feet are (well, I don't like others to see my feet/toes either unless it is just too hot). Oh well, I have issues :tongue_smilie:.

Again, thanks! Heres hoping that the ones in the mail will fit properly!