Menu

This is a very scary place to be.

After being on the K-8 boards for so many years coming to this one feels strange. It definitely feels like an acknowledgement that my children are growing up.

I didn't think I would need the information to be gleaned from this board because we had every intention of putting our dc in "real" school for high school. One semester of middle school has changed that idea for now. How much time the "real" school wastes! We can accomplish more at home academically with fewer incidences of social nonsense. Dd will be going to a private classical school 2 days per week with the remaining days spent at home.

I look forward to browsing around and seeing so many familiar names from back when the boards took a while to change and posts never got lost.

My girls attend 3 enrichment classes a week and are home the rest of the time. I never considered putting them back in public high school and I was recently surprised when the told me they didn't want to go to the public high school. (too much "drama" they said)

It's a scary but exciting time seeing them grow up.

Don't worry this board is great, just a little more "quiet", Lisa

It is indeed a scary place... I'm not even sure I should be here yet! LOL

DS is 10, but quite advanced, and on top of that, high school over here starts in grade 7 and ends in grade 11. Then it's off to college.

I'm giving myself a year of lurking, while DS does grade 7 work, and I'm getting up to speed on actual high school issues.

Hello, and welcome. This forum is indeed a wealth of information. You'll find information on every possible topic from curriculum to testing to transcripts and applying to college. Most people here, I think, frequent the board daily so don't be afraid to step right in.

Enjoy the next few years of high school. It is a magical journey.

I'm at the same stage as you are: my DS is doing grade 7 this year. I look at the name at the top of this screen and think "High school? How did I ever get here?" I must say, though, how much I've learned already just reading some of the posts here, and asking the odd question. This online community is very reassuring when I get the "high-school heeby-jeebies" :blink: