Menu

Little girl dress ideas

My brother is getting married in June and all the cousins are in the wedding, except my dd. :( She was heartbroken, not because she wasn't included, but because she wasn't going to have a fancy dress, so I told her we'd pick out a special one just for her to wear at the wedding. Does anyone have any favorite places to get "fancy" dresses for a 5 year old?

She wears a size 6. She's tall, but very very skinny (she's not even 40 lbs. yet) - so something that has ties around the waist works best because then I can get it long enough and then cinch it up around her little belly. :)

JCPenney. I just bought my daughter her flower girl dress there for my sister's wedding. The dresses there are appropriate, pretty high quality, and reasonably priced. After a coupon, we paid under $30 for a really expensive looking dress. Now's a good time to buy because all the Easter dresses are out.

JC Penney used to have a beautiful section of girly dresses this time of year - especially since Easter is late. Also, I have bought really expensive smoked dresses at local consignment stores and sold some on eBay. Usually they were things just bought or sold for "one special" occasion. You might try there is you get stuck.

Good luck

ReneeR

Marshalls and TJMax has some off and on. This is a good time to look.

:iagree: Marshalls in Dallas used to carry racks and racks of the Cinderella brand dresses. They are beautiful, super dressy dresses and not expensive compared to dept. store prices. We had friends that bought my girls Easter and Christmas dresses every year and this is where they bought them.