Menu

Finishing off the year

mommyto4

This will be the end of my first year of homeschooling, and I am not sure how to "end" it.

We have done about 145 days of school, and the boys have completed some of their work already. My ds8 has finished phonics, WWE, and his cursive work. He is almost done math, MCT, and French. My ds 6 is done his handwriting, FLL1 (we've already started on FLL2), his math, and is close to completing the phonics book I hoped he would complete for grade 1.

What do I do? Do we just cut back? Add more projects? Start the next grade in math? We still do TWTM way of science and are have 10 more weeks in SOTW. I have four children so creating projects or piecing together units isn't easy!

Any advice would be great! I think I want to keep up some schooling all year, but I am not sure if I start the next grade early.

Help!

I'm just starting the next thing as we get done. We're all over the map anyway, plus I started halfway through the year. We start FLL2 next week, we started MM2 about 7 weeks ago. Our SOTW will change to the next book in October. Science is planned for the next year and a half (interest-led). WWE will change over in August. We'll change levels in spelling in another 6 weeks or so.

I'll probably call him second grade in August. We plan to school through the summer. We take a week off every 6 weeks, though this week we still did the 3Rs and history during our break.