Menu

Defrosted chicken on Sun, cooked it on Mon, can I eat it tomorrow (Fri)?

I made chkn nuggets out of it on Monday and ate some the last three days-can I save the rest for tomorrow to eat-we'll be out of the house all day and want to bring it with us in a cooler for an easy meal.

They have been fully refrigerated all week. They were cut in chunks, dipped in egg white/water, and baked with a coating of wheat germ, flax meal, ground almonds, and oat bran.

Or should I finish eating them up today? Thanks!

I made chkn nuggets out of it on Monday and ate some the last three days-can I save the rest for tomorrow to eat-we'll be out of the house all day and want to bring it with us in a cooler for an easy meal.

They have been fully refrigerated all week. They were cut in chunks, dipped in egg white/water, and baked with a coating of wheat germ, flax meal, ground almonds, and oat bran.

Or should I finish eating them up today? Thanks!

Four days is my outer limit too, but given the cooler part, I personally would not.

Wow. Refrigerated food -- meat, veggies, whatever -- is fine to eat for a week after being cooked and refrigerated. (Don't you keep your turkey leftovers around that long after Thanksgiving? Some eventually goes in sandwiches, some in soup, etc. But it lasts quite a while, right? Or maybe I'm really lax! :) )

Wow. Refrigerated food -- meat, veggies, whatever -- is fine to eat for a week after being cooked and refrigerated.

Not according to the USDA. Then again, I admit to not reheating my leftovers fully sometimes (I don't like scalding hot food), and I also admit to throwing away a LOT of Thanksgiving turkey, because I hate turkey! But I really try to stick to three days if possible, personally, and I'm so not a germophobe generally. We've been through the wringer here with stomach bugs this winter--I'm trying to keep the barf levels to a minimum if it's at all within my control :D