Menu

Key To Series question

I was wondering approximately how long it takes your kids to work through a 4 book set of the key to series (I know that every child is different; some take longer, some shorter). I'm just wondering what an average time might be. Do you work through one 4 book set per year? More than one set? I'm trying to gauge how many sets to buy for next year. This would be a review system to use with Saxon for a 7th grader who lacks math confidence and a 5th grader who is doing pretty well, just forgets things at times.

Thanks,

Julie

My dd took 6 months to get through the Key to Fractions series.It'll take her 4 to get through Key to Decimals.She will have finished both series this year as well as most of the Key to Measurement series (I chose to have her skip half of one book in that series;it's some of those skills that she can learn if she decides later she needs to know it and I know she won't remember it now if I insist she learns it).These were really a good choice for my math-phobic child this year.She needed to have time to really understand and practice what she was learning.

Depends on the child. My oldest did each of the books in the Key to Fractions in about 1 or 2 weeks, so I think fractions took him 5 or 6 weeks to do. My middle one seems much slower, but looking at everyone else, it seems not. I am just doing Fractions book 2 and book 4 with him as a supplement to Horizons. He does 3 or 4 pages a day, so it takes him a little over 2 weeks a book. So if he had done all 4, it would have taken maybe 2 1/2 to 3 months.

Christine