Menu

Taking shameless personal advantage of the kerfluffle - er, I mean, supporting SWB

and Peace Hill Press, by ordering some new stuff :D

I got History of the Ancient World for Christmas; I think I'll go ahead and order Medieval now too. Time to update my old cassette lectures to mp3, and hmmm, what else? I own most of the other stuff already, lol.

Ah, I know, the Well-Caffeinated Mind coffee mug!

Mine broke in our move, so I need a new one. I'm considering ordering the Bible curriculum even though my youngest is in fourth grade. I like sticking it to the man, it's a personal failing (especially in an Army wife :tongue_smilie:).

Mine broke in our move, so I need a new one. I'm considering ordering the Bible curriculum even though my youngest is in fourth grade. I like sticking it to the man, it's a personal failing (especially in an Army wife :tongue_smilie:).

:001_smile: Since I am past homeschooling, I should at least look at the coffee mug. Is it nice and big and not full of lead?

:001_smile: Since I am past homeschooling, I should at least look at the coffee mug. Is it nice and big and not full of lead?

It isn't huge, but it's a nice size. Plus it has a spoon now, my old one didn't.

I just ordered WWE the other day. Now you guys are going to talk me into the coffee cup (oh ok and the bag too probably).

I have two bags. They should update the bag to a bigger, sturdier one like the LL Bean bag. I would buy a new one of those. My bookstore purchases/library books don't usually fit in the current WTM bag.

and Peace Hill Press, by ordering some new stuff :D

I got History of the Ancient World for Christmas; I think I'll go ahead and order Medieval now too. Time to update my old cassette lectures to mp3, and hmmm, what else? I own most of the other stuff already, lol.

Great idea. I thoroughly enjoy my Well-Caffeinated Mind cup. I'm writing out my Peace Hill Press list as well.

I'm loading my cart to buy on Friday. I need STOW 4, a coffee mug, a bag and STOW 1 audio. I wish I could buy STOW 1 on Kindle from her store. (My oldest was thrilled we could get it on Kindle)

I want to go to Barnes and Noble and look at Writing with Ease to see if I can get it to work for the youngest. Then I'll buy it from Peace Hill Press if its a match. (Also make a note to thank the manager for carrying Peace Hill Press products - I bought STOW 2 there)

I'm definitely purchasing FLL3, FLL1, WWE3, Student pages for WWE1, and I'm considering getting Telling God's Story (I haven't decided for sure because I didn't figure it into my budget).

I don't drink hot drinks but my Diet Pepsi will fit in a mug just as well as it will a glass...oh, and I don't need another bag laying around but I'm getting it just because.:tongue_smilie:

Great Minds Think Alike.

Was perusing the website yesterday as well. I have my eye on MP3s, the mug, the Bible curriculum (and DD's only a preschooler!).

Mine are toddlers, and I'm already thinking, "What could I buy?" I saw FLL in a used bookstore the other day. I almost bought it, then put it down and decided to eventually order a new copy from PHP. Not only would it support PHP, but perhaps there is another homeschooler out there who needs that bookstore copy right now and can't afford a new copy. I don't need it for another four years!

The coffee mug is awesome! I would buy it, except I just complained to DH that a household with only two adults doesn't need more than four coffee mugs. I think I need to purge some coffee mugs...

The coffee mug is awesome! I would buy it, except I just complained to DH that a household with only two adults doesn't need more than four coffee mugs. I think I need to purge some coffee mugs...

WHAT? No no no. One can never have too many coffee mugs. You never know when you'll end up hosting a SWB house-conference! :lol:

I myself will be ordering a mug soon...

I'm definitely purchasing FLL3, FLL1, WWE3, Student pages for WWE1, and I'm considering getting Telling God's Story (I haven't decided for sure because I didn't figure it into my budget).

I don't drink hot drinks but my Diet Pepsi will fit in a mug just as well as it will a glass...oh, and I don't need another bag laying around but I'm getting it just because.:tongue_smilie:

I don't use tote bags that much for schooling, but I do use canvas bags at the grocery. For that price I can get more than one. Plus they're cooler than my current bags.

Oooh, you all just reminded me that my friend recently broke the Well-Caffeinated mug I gave her for her birthday a few years ago. (Actually, her 9 year old knocked it off the table) I should buy a replacement for her birthday this year. And one for myself too. I don't drink coffee, but I love a mug of hot chocolate on a cold day. :D

I bought the parents' guide and the instructor text but not the activity guide. I think my rising 4th grader will still get a lot out of it.

I told ds21 and dd17 to be prepared to sit on the couch (like old times) for a Bible story....

And, I want some SWB lectures and can't decide between CDs or ??? (the one that goes to your computer).

Would someone tell me if the mp3 (?) would work on a MAC and if its hard for someone who has no idea how to do it? And, are they completely audio (no face to look at?)? Will the convention ones be audio or with a face? (I can adjust, but like to look at a face...).

Yes. I am also going to make a greater effort to be less shy in real life about my WTM tendencies. :001_smile:

There is something more here for me as well. The people associated with WTM have spoken out against something greater, imo, than a right to variant interpretations of scripture within a particular religion.

What happens when a group a manipulates an agenda, and seeks to marginalize and demonize the other side? What happens in places where girls are limited in education, where men have voices, but women do not? I do not want to spew rhetoric here, but in my mind these ideas are related. When people are silenced in fear; If I say something they will think I am not a good Christian (or Muslim or Jew etc) , then those with the agenda to silence grow stronger, and the silenced grow weaker.

What happens when only men speak for God, or when fathers are taught they are the only leaders in the family, that their wives should have no interests beyond the home, that their daughters should not get the same education as their sons. What happens when women are left with no math skills (because they are 'just' going to be mothers), and truly do not have a voice in the churches/temples/mosques? What happens then? Where does that silencing of dissent begin, and where can it lead?

What happens when only men speak for God, or when fathers are taught they are the only leaders in the family, that their wives should have no interests beyond the home, that their daughters should not get the same education as their sons. What happens when women are left with no math skills (because they are 'just' going to be mothers), and truly do not have a voice in the churches/temples/mosques? What happens then? Where does that silencing of dissent begin, and where can it lead?

I have been dealing with a lot of personal/family issues these past weeks, and haven't had the time or energy to get into the 'kerfluffle'.

Your questions indicate that what I have missed is much bigger than I imagined. :(

I have been dealing with a lot of personal/family issues these past weeks, and haven't had the time or energy to get into the 'kerfluffle'.

Your questions indicate that what I have missed is much bigger than I imagined. :(

I don't know that it is. This is where my mind goes in such times. The dissent begins somewhere, and the demonization of people and ideas, within relgion and elsewhere, begin somewhere.

These are related thoughts in *my* particular mind.

I don't know that it is. This is where my mind goes in such times. The dissent begins somewhere, and the demonization of people and ideas, within relgion and elsewhere, begin somewhere.

These are related thoughts in *my* particular mind.

Oh, I see.

Thank you.

I know, I was looking to buy from them at convention, but already have everything! I need younger children or Susan needs to write faster, LOL.....

When I told dh I had most everything, he told me to buy a few extras of my favorites to give away! I actually have an event I need door prizes for coming up, so maybe I'll do that.

Love the cup, need the bag.. it's perfect for me. I've been using TWTM as the backbone of my homeschool since 2000... back when NO ONE had heard of it. "The Well-Trained What?!?" :D

Me, too! I feel so old.... ;-) My old blue coffee cup is stained and well-used, but I love it. I have a free copy of FLL (back when it first came out) because they used my butterfly photo. Those were the days! :-)