Menu

If I keep the MCT Voyage level is this enough writing?

Mosaicmind

I am still undecided whether I will keep the MCT language arts program I got for my sons. I have looked at the writing portion of it and am still undecided whether it is enough for writing.

Is there anyone who is only using this for writing and what are your thoughts?

This is all I amusing for writing but instead of the assignments at the end of the chapter, I assign essays from history or science. Ds15 is a verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry reluctant writer and so I combine as much as possible. If he can learn to write a good solid focused paper, then I'm happy. We have used IEW (kept the key word outlines). We went through Practice town rapidly, but I could see an improvement in his paragraphs. The hardest part is getting him to start, though.

I am still undecided whether I will keep the MCT language arts program I got for my sons. I have looked at the writing portion of it and am still undecided whether it is enough for writing.

Is there anyone who is only using this for writing and what are your thoughts?

a note from the publisher: Essay Voyage teaches formal, academic writing. A key tenet of the MCT curriculum is that students need to know how to write correctly in preparation for formal essays for college and for the rest of life.