Menu

Dessert ideas avoiding egg, wheat, milk, and nuts?

fruit cobbler with rolled oat crumble/granola on top

oatmeal no-bake cookies: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/No-Bake-Oatmeal-Cookies/Detail.aspx just use EB margarine in place of the butter.

and whatever nut butter (sunflower seed butter is awesome; carried at TJ's or other places under the Sunbutter brand) or soybean butter is acceptable.

bananascream: http://www.vegan-nutritionista.com/vegan-ice-cream-recipes.html or look on vegweb

bananas foster, with margarine substituted

Edited by Ravin

I know you don't do fresh fruit but is all fruit out? I do a fruit cobbler with frozen berries (specifically very berry cherry blend from Trader Joes). On top I put a mixture of oats, brown sugar and butter although I am sure you could use the earth balance butter just to get it to crumble. You just put the fruit in a baking pan with a little corn starch to help thicken and then you put the crumble on top and bake. It is really yummy.

I made chocolate oatmeal cookies with just cocnut cream and coconut oil when I was nut free and dairy free right after the little man got here. They were a little soft but oh so good.

YOu can make a rice flour pie crust and cut it in little circles put a few dairy free chocolate chips in and fold to make chocolate turnovers too or you could add any filling that you wanted to to them. Just be careful because the dough is very fragile and messing with it too much will make it fall apart. I also had to give up eggs for six months and I got a great egg sub at the health food store and then cooked out of a gf cook book. I lent my favorit one out but at B&N they have a gf book that only uses corn meal, corn starch, and potato starch which are all cheaper and more easily found than many of the esosteric flours. I also found a recipe for masa chocolate chip cookies and they do not taste any different than wheat based chocolate chip cookies. Google it because there are a ton of recipes and you could pick on based on your families sensitivities.