Menu

Questions a parent should never ask a child..

:lol:

Mine is not as a parent but still I learned. A first grader (:001_huh:) called me a "big fat ho" and I said in a shocked, stern voice "what did you just say?" The entire class-in sync- said "He called you a big fat ho" :lol: I have never asked that question again. (It was my first year teaching). And ftr I was not big, fat, or a ho.

I rephrase that to "I'm not as stupid as I look." I've even been known to say under great duress, "I'm not as stupid as you look." The problem is, the kids think this phrase is the funniest thing they've ever heard! It's met by gales of laughter.:glare: But hopefully the laughter will distract them from whatever they were trying to convince me to do.

One of my now adult daughters came home one chilly spring day soaking wet and covered in mud.

Me "What happened to you?!!!

Child "We were jumping off the bridge over that little creek".

Me <big sigh> "Well, at least now I know the answer to the question 'if your friends all jump off a bridge would you jump with them' ".

Child <grins> "Mom, it was MY idea!"

"What in heaven's name are you doing?!?!?!?!?!?!"

After only a split-second's thought, I really don't want to know what they are doing. I just want them to stop and never ever do it again. But since I've asked, they tell me, in excruciating detail, including whose idea it was and why they thought it was a good idea. :banghead:

Cat

"What in heaven's name are you doing?!?!?!?!?!?!"

After only a split-second's thought, I really don't want to know what they are doing. I just want them to stop and never ever do it again. But since I've asked, they tell me, in excruciating detail, including whose idea it was and why they thought it was a good idea. :banghead:

Cat

I ask them "What are you doing and do I want to know about it?"

They answer "Nothing. . . and no, you don't want to know."

My ds11 actually responded (just a few weeks ago), 'how far is the bridge from the water?'

:glare:

This is my overly-analytical, correct you if your wrong, daughter. It depends on how deep the water is and if it's cold or not. :banghead: