Menu

When will I learn?

Every year, these stoopid long furry kind of things fall off the trees. I think they come off the oak trees or else the tulip poplars. They COVER everything. Every year, I get "ambitious" and blow them off the driveway. Once. Then I choke up and cough and sputter and have runny eyes and nose for days. STOOPID! When will I learn!

Tell me you do things like that too. Tell me I'm not the only one!

Yeah, I do things like that, too.

Yesterday I was getting gas - I kept swiping my debit card and getting an error message. I figured there must be something wrong with that pump, so I got in the van and drove around to another one. Swiped the card once, twice, three times - kept getting an error message. Dd said, "Mom, you need to turn the card around the other way."

Duh. :leaving:

you are definitely not the only one. Years ago...when I was still in my early 20s & had only one child, I had new-mommy brain fog. It was, apparently, a complete shut-down in mental capacity. I went to the gas station and attempted to pay with my cc. I could *not* get the card to swipe. Since I was taking an unbelievably long time to accomplish this task (combined with the fact that I was visibly distressed), the manager came out to assist me. He quickly diagnosed the problem. "Ummmm.....miss? You're shoving your credit card up the receipt dispenser!" :lol: Ok...It's funny *now*, but I wanted the earth to swallow me that day. :leaving: So, nope...you're not the only one. I'm much worse than you. :D

I just looked at the ages of your dc and can't believe how similar they are (with the exception of the oldest..but still, not *that* far off). Weirdly, I'm adopted, so maybe I really *am* your twin...(cue theme to Twilight Zone). :lol:

Lisa (hoping you weren't offended by that)

Ooh, that is spooky! You know, my mom was knocked out when she gave birth to me, so who knows... :001_huh:

Either way, I'm just glad to know somebody else does embarassing things like that in public. :001_smile:

The other day I parallel parked in front of a driveway. DD1 exclaiming, "But Mom, that's a DRIVEWAY" is all that saved me from being towed later. Parking lessons from a 4 1/2 yo.... And I thought that I had scored a handy parking space right by the house (yes, it was a driveway that I have gone by every day for the last seven years).