Menu

The Job Quest Update for Today Focuses on Ohio

The weather is fairly unpredictable and crazy. For instance, we had a few warm days recently, then it snowed, it snowed a couple of days ago and now the snow is all melted and it's sunny. Well guess what? It's going to snow again this weekend! (I'm in Northeast Ohio)

I'm in the Cleveland area, which IMO is a great area. We've got a bunch of museums (science, art, natural history, kids and more), a great park system (The Metroparks), a nice zoo. There's an amateur summer Shakespeare group that performs at various locations.

Homeschooling is pretty easy here. I have no complaints about that.

Ohio can be different depending what part of the state you are in. I know it's warmer in Southern Ohio than where I am. I think for you to find out the kind of information you are looking for you will need to be more specific about what part of Ohio you are looking at.

I think he said Dublin.

Dublin is a great area. It's close to Columbus, so you get all of the culture that goes with a large-ish city, but it's got more of a suburban feel. A lot of great parks in the area, easy HS rules... there's always something to do.

Columbus Metro Parks

"Bunny" Park in Dublin

Dublin City's Website

And close proximity to a great group of WTM-ers! :D

ETA: ALSO:

COSI

The Santa Maria

and don't forget the Columbus Zoo!

Edited by KristinaBreece

Dublin is a great area. It's close to Columbus, so you get all of the culture that goes with a large-ish city, but it's got more of a suburban feel. A lot of great parks in the area, easy HS rules... there's always something to do.

Columbus Metro Parks

"Bunny" Park in Dublin

Dublin City's Website

And close proximity to a great group of WTM-ers! :D

ETA: ALSO:

COSI

The Santa Maria

and don't forget the Columbus Zoo!

Thanks for all the great information! What's the cost of living like there?

Thanks for all the great information! What's the cost of living like there?

In our 2000sf home, our gas 9(heating & cooking) runs about $75/mo in summer & $300/mo in winter, our electric runs about $150 year round, and our water runs about $100/mo. A gallon of milk is about $3-$4, but can usually be had on sale for $2.50. Gas is about $3.50/gallon right now:glare:

If you're renting a house in Dublin, you can expect to start around 1,000/month.

Hi!

I live on a small farm about 25 minutes north of downtown Columbus. We are in Dublin often for TKD and for our gym.

Im a native Clevelander and really have been here for 4 years. C-bus is surrounded with rural areas. Even in the city one can find houses on a few acres. It used to be called Cow Town. :001_smile: