Menu

Does Anyone Know If This Exists for FIAR?

singbanshee

Does any one know if there are Lesson Plans like Sonlight's IG for FIAR? What I'm looking for is daily lesson plans that are done for you with all the extra read alouds and activities so that it's more complete and open and go? All the planning and picking up books is starting to get to me.

I hope I'm not the only one who wishes for this! ;)

Are you perhaps trying to fancy FIAR up too much? You don't have to get extra read-alouds or add in activities that aren't in the manual. Just because many people do, that doesn't make it mandatory.

This is what I was thinking as well. We just followed the manual, and it was really just open and go for us. Most of the discussions in the manual just came naturally for us. We would do something hands-on every once in awhile. I think the key with FIAR is not to feel like you have to do everything that is in there. I remember the author even saying that you could just pick the things that seem to work for you. Even with skipping parts, I feel like we got a lot out of the program.

I think I know what you are saying. The way the FIAR guides are structured make me feel like I need to sit and weed through everything and plan first. That is why I much prefer the structure if the SL IGs. I like a chart format with quick activity suggestions, not pages and pages that I have to read through to pull out what I want.

I did find this, it might help you if you want to do SL but supplement with FIAR:

http://thedaisypatch.net/pdf/FIAR%20by%20Seasons,%20Geography,%20Themes.pdf