Menu

I will regret NOT buying Writers Jungle...

Sue G in PA

while it is half off on HSBC, right? :D I'm trying to justify spending the $. So, I will regret it, if I do NOT buy it, right? :D

Unless you can find it used first, Sue. ;) I bought the print version used for less than $40 AND didn't have to pay to print it out. Have you looked for it used?

• 4 weeks later...

So I'm curious, did you buy it? I just came across Brave Writer and am trying to wrap my brain around it. It looks like a great program. I would probably prefer the online classes, (if I could afford them :glare:). Writer's Jungle would probably just sit on my shelf unused so I guess I'm glad I missed the sale :confused:

Jane, I have not. I would be purchasing the HomeStudy set that includes both the Writer's Jungle and Help for High School. It is only on sale through this evening! AAAAGGGGHHHH!

From what I've read, and why I want it, it's a guide that will teach me (the mom) to be a better guide in writing to my children. It is not a curriculum (as I understand it) but it does sound like what I'm looking for. For example, the other day we put a bunch of "story starters" inside a box (my daughter made them up) and then she pulled one from the hat and we each wrote our story based on that story starter (it was "The mysterious market" -- it recently hit me that maybe if I modeled writing more often, she'd want to do it also, and I figured it would be fun for us each to tell our stories out loud and show how one little story starter could go such dramatically different ways). I just want to be able to know how to help her learn writing in the best way possible without something too scripted, and that's why this sounds perfect for us.

Edited by tammyw