Menu

United Streaming: Some states allow you to receive it for free?

It's free here in neighboring Iowa. I called the 800number on the Discovery Education Streaming website and asked to talk to someone in the home education dept. I got a code from that person.

Hope that helps... at least a little. :001_huh:

Here is the link to their website: United Streaming

It is a educational video service by the people who do the Discovery Channel. There are literally thousands of educational videos you can search and watch on your computer instantly. We use it almost daily for history, science and or Spanish.

We got our subscription through the Homeschool Buyers Co-op and they actually have another deal right now until the end of the month. Here is the link to their group buys page: Discovery Streaming group buy information. You will need to scroll a little down the page to see this buy. The full price is $200 but it will (or maybe already has) go up to $250 so the $129 they are offering through the co-op is a great deal. You can get a 30 day free trial at the Discovery Streaming website as well.

If you have any more questions feel free to PM me in case I forget to check back on this thread. Also, if you call the # on the Discovery Streaming site and ask for their Homeschool Dept the people there are wonderfully helpful as well.

Hope this helps you!

Does anyone know if we can add a year to our sub at the $129 price??

And, i'm still irked that they did the Plus change between when i demoed it and joined. If i had joined NOT thru the co-op (aka, not waited) i could have had the extra stuff.

UGH.

ANYWAY, i was ranting to myself about that the other day.....

Would someone post the address and name of the lady at Georgia PBS that we are supposed to send the declaration of intent to, to get our code?

Thanks

Michele

To sign up you will need to fax Jascenda Pasley (404) 685-2556 the

following:

A cover letter specifying that you are a homeschooler and want access

to unitedstreaming.

Include you email address.

A copy of your Letter of Intent for the State of Georgia. You must be

a Georgia Homeschooler.

hth's

Does anyone know if we can add a year to our sub at the $129 price??

I contacted the Co-op a few months ago and they said this was not possible. I was sad b/c supposedly the price will be going up soon. I was hoping to add 12 months onto my current subscription for only $129 instead of what is sure to be the new higher price.

If you talk to anyone and learn differently, would you let me know?!

Thanks so much!

It's free here in neighboring Iowa. I called the 800number on the Discovery Education Streaming website and asked to talk to someone in the home education dept. I got a code from that person.

Hope that helps... at least a little. :001_huh:

I sent them an email and they told me that is wasn't free at all..:001_huh:

I am in Iowa, so I will have to check into it more