Menu

RS Math Games

EJCMom

I see lots of posts raving about the Right Start math games, and I'd like to add that in next year. I'm looking at the Rainbow Resource website, and they have two listings: The first is just a book of card games, and the second is a game kit that includes the book, decks of cards, and an al-abacus junior. Is it necessary to get the whole kit, or are the cards that are included in the kit the same cards that came with the level A materials? I got all these decks of cards with the level A materials that I haven't used yet and can't figure out what they're for. I don't want to order the whole kit if I just need the book. Thanks! :bigear:

I have worked through all of Level A and half of B and the cards we have used so far are the: basic card deck, the clock cards, money cards, and the corners cards which are square and have numbers in each corner that are different colors. I think if you got the entire kit you would end up with duplicate sets of cards.

HTH-Sara

The cards themselves all come with level A. The game book is separate. I got both, as I wanted level A for the younger kidlets and I wanted the game book for my older son. He loves going through the book and picking out games to play!

The only downside to not getting the games kit is that there is no CASE for the cards that come with RS A. I don't see the case available separately either. I'd really like a case for them!

you would end up with duplicates, but is the fraction chart part of level A maipulatives? We are using the games book and just hit fractions. The fraction chart that comes with the full manipulative kit has helped a ton in doing the fraction games in the game book.

I don't think the fraction chart does come with it. I'm trying to get a good look at the picture on the RR website, and I don't believe I have one of the charts -- I'm assuming that's the fraction chart. I wonder how easy the fraction chart would be to make?