Menu

Classical Writing users.. can you answer some questions for me?

Yes, I like CW. Homer has a huge learning curve. It has taken awhile for my brain to get wrapped around it but I am coming around to understanding the purposes of all of the steps. At times it seems very convoluted and it is hard to see the forrest for the trees but I am starting to see the light. :001_smile: We are only on Homer B but I am told that it gets easier after Homer. Here's hoping. :D

As to your other question, it depends on the book. With Aesop, it only takes us about 10 minutes a day. In my second time around, I am able to combine two days into one which makes things even faster. I don't do the analysis and the writing project all at one time. We do the analysis first (right now it takes us about two days because I combine days) then we start the writing project (however long that takes us, usually two or three days.)

The Homer book takes much longer. It takes us about 30 -- 45 minutes to get one days' worth of analysis done. We do the same thing with Homer as we do for Aesop: we do analysis first then do the writing project so it takes us about two weeks to do one week in the book.

We use and love Classical Writing. Judging by the ages in your signature, I'll assume the Aesop and Older Beginners levels? Aesop is pretty gentle; a capable kid could spend about 20-30 minutes a day to finish one lesson a week. For Older Beginners I'd schedule 45-60 minutes daily.